Lost my GC, Filed I-90, But i have to travel overseas in a week!

RareAir

Registered Users (C)
I have a Green card which I have had for over 2 years now. I'm to travel internationally in less than a week but my GC got stolen. I filed the I-90 form and have gotten my biometrics taken. I have a few questions:

1) How long from biometrics until a card is reissued?
2) Can a temporary stamp be put into my passport to facilitate re-entry into the US? And if so how can i get this done?
3) If i dont have a stamp in my passport or the new card and i still travel internationally, will i be refused entry to the US when i return, even if i am traveling with my wife (US Citizen) and child (US Citizen as well)?

You will need to get a temporary stamp in your passport. Make an Infopass appointment at the nearest service center and they can provide you with the temporary stamp.
You will not be permitted to board a US bound flight if you don't have a valid GC/stamp.

I have tried to make an infopass appointment but the system says that it s not accepting any new appointments. Is there a person I can call to schedule an appointment?

take a chance and walk in.infopass is like an appointment kinda thing.walk ins are welcome

I have tried to make an infopass appointment but the system says that it s not accepting any new appointments. Is there a person I can call to schedule an appointment?