Lost interview letter ;-(

alohag

Registered Users (C)
Interview date is Sep 19th @ oakland. Two months from now.

Can't seem to locate my interview letter. What should I do now? Call and ask for a new letter(Possibly will get a later interview date?) or just show up on interview date?

Thanks in advance.
Aloha

:confused: :confused: :confused:

If your DO is anything like Baltimore, you won't get in the waiting room without showing a valid appointment letter.

You could certainly write to the DO and explain the problem, but turnaround time might be too slow. Possibly you may be able to get more speedy resolution through an InfoPass appt.

Was interview letter sent out from Oakland DO? Not from CSC service center, right?

alohag said:
Interview date is Sep 19th @ oakland. Two months from now.

Can't seem to locate my interview letter. What should I do now? Call and ask for a new letter(Possibly will get a later interview date?) or just show up on interview date?

Thanks in advance.
Aloha

:confused: :confused: :confused:

As far as I can recall, interview & oath letters come direct from the DO, which of course is where your file currently sits.

Your interview is scheduled when your file is in the service center and then the file is transfered to the district office.
I have not got my oath letter yet so i cant say for sure but i have a strong feeling your oath letter is sent from your district office.

For the OP,as you have a long time to go till sep,i would say first get a infopass and go talk to them,they should be able to print out a iv letter for you,else mail the service center.
Btw try to get some nice wine for your wife on your way back home tomorrow,i am pretty sure she will hand the letter to you. :D

Postmark on my oath letter was definitely Baltimore - so DO sent it. Still not sure origin of interview letter.

boatbod said:
Postmark on my oath letter was definitely Baltimore - so DO sent it. Still not sure origin of interview letter.

in a normal circumstance,interview letter is always from service center.i am 100 % sure...

In my case, Interview Letter was sent from the Vermont Service Center, not the DO. Naturally, the Oath Letter should come from the DO as the Service Center does not have the file anymore once the interview is scheduled.

Cheers!

Legal

Which number Do I call?

It is probably sent from CSC. Which number do I call? I am hoping they could send a duplicate Interview letter with same dates. Will keep the board posted.

query11,
My wife already offered to search for it. I will open the bottle if she finds it.

Thanks

applyforcitizen said:
Was interview letter sent out from Oakland DO? Not from CSC service center, right?

Got it!!!

I just walked into Oakland DO's office(No Info Pass) and got a interview letter printed out for me.

Thanks

alohag said:
It is probably sent from CSC. Which number do I call? I am hoping they could send a duplicate Interview letter with same dates. Will keep the board posted.

query11,
My wife already offered to search for it. I will open the bottle if she finds it.

Thanks