Lost I94 - Need help

mar485

Registered Users (C)
Unfortunately my wife lost her I-94 card. Is it a serious concern? If it is, is there a way we can apply for a duplicate? We are currently waiting for our AOS applications to be approved. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

I-94

It should not be a big problem. I-94 is an arrival departure record. When you leave the country, if the airline asks you can say you lost it - it is generally not a problem. No body is going to stop you if you are leaving the country (unless of course you have committed a serious crime and your are 'wanted')
You will get new I-94 when you return.

Now if for some reason, INS asks for a copy of your I-94 (very unlikely unless you are extending your stay on H1,H4 etc.), you have to figure out how to manage that. Hopefully you have copy of it somewhere.

Hope this helps...

I am not an immigration attorney and you should verify the above with one.

rawager

Thanks for your reply. We do have a copy of her I94 record. But I think the only problem is if INS want to look at the original one. We are waiting for our AOS applications to be approved. Do they look at the I-94 while stamping the passport after the GC has been approved?

thanks

Originally posted by mar485
rawager

Thanks for your reply. We do have a copy of her I94 record. But I think the only problem is if INS want to look at the original one. We are waiting for our AOS applications to be approved. Do they look at the I-94 while stamping the passport after the GC has been approved?

thanks

Not sure about it. Unfortunately, dont have the experience of passport stamping. You can always show the copy and if they doubt the genuinity of the copy they can verify the number in their system. It is recorded.

It may not be so simple. Talk to some attorney. You may need to file I-102 to get new copy of your I-94. It is very important document which shows you have entered legally and inspected at the port of entry. Apply for I-102 at least you will have proof of Appling for duplicate.

I lost my passport last year and I-94 too with it. I did not face any probem in PP stamping.

Just tell them that that is lost, they don't care for that. They stamped our PP without giving any hard time, no question asked.

Re; Lost I-94

mar485,
I had lost mine along with passport. I applied myself without any attorney's help and got it in slightly more than 1 year (that was 1999, things might have improved now). It is definitely worthwhile getting a duplicate and costs only $100.
If you need any more help, my # is 510-627-2276.
Good luck
PS "Idiot, how can you lose such an important document?", everyone had asked me this question then.

I-94

I lost my I-94. Fortunately I had a copy. Copy is not accepted anywhere. They will issue a duplicate without any problems.

I traveled abroad while on AOS - So, the Airline personnel filled an I-94 and submitted with "Duplicate" written on it. When I re entered, I got a new one.

I went to stamping after that.. so, I do not have PP stamping experience though.

Hi Kinkos,

Did you apply for the duplicate or they issued the duplicate at the airport while you are leaving the country? And also when was this happend? Please advice.

thanks

Hi Coolguy 2k1

Thanks for your suggestion. I will give you a call if I have any questions applying for the duplicate.

PS "Idiot, how can you lose such an important document?", everyone had asked me this question then.

I should ask my wife this question :) :) :)