Lost FP Notice

truedesi

Registered Users (C)
I might have a situation where I never received my FP notice and was somehow lost in mail. (Phone IO told me that my FP notice was send about a week ago)

What should I do?
If I call phone USCIS, are thry going to send another one with a later date?

Can I schedule an infopass and have them print my FP notice and give it to me in person?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

I might have a situation where I never received my FP notice and was somehow lost in mail. (Phone IO told me that my FP notice was send about a week ago)

What should I do?

Can I schedule an infopass and have them print my FP notice and give it to me in person?

That is why I once recomend one also find a form preparer so USCIS send notice to two persons and it is not likely both letter are lost in the mail.

I really don't think only licensed laywer can represent applicants
I heard anyone can represent another

How to phone IO?

Hi Truedesi,

I'm wondering how you knew that your FP notice went sent about 1 week ago. How did you get the IO's number? Would you please share? Thanks. I have a similar situation (My PD is March 23, 2009, but I haven't received my FP notice yet).

What should I do?

I have always thought that there should be a better way for USCIS to contact us when they need to,, The worst is when an actual green card gets lost in the mail ( this happened to a friend ) how can they send this through the regular mail ?? :mad:

At least signature upon delivery but sheesh :rolleyes:

I would make an infopass if your letter does not show up in the coming week, I myself am currently waiting for my oath letter so I'm watching my mailman like a hawk LOL.

good luck :)

you could call that 1-800# on your receipt and press 1-2-3. tell the 1st level rep that you never received any notice, they will transfer your call to 2nd level IO who will be able to assist you. Please share your findings.

Hi Truedesi,

I'm wondering how you knew that your FP notice went sent about 1 week ago. How did you get the IO's number? Would you please share? Thanks. I have a similar situation (My PD is March 23, 2009, but I haven't received my FP notice yet).

I also think infopass would help, but the only thing is its about 80 miles from where I live. I would not mind at all doing it, was just wondering if anyone has an experience. Thanks.

I tried to ask the phone IO of the FP date, he wouldn't give it to me over the phone due to "National Security Reasons".
:confused: plus I also heard that guard might not let me in without the notice anyway.:(

I would say just call them for the address, go to the FP location and walk in....

Ok so in this case, just try to find other applicants on this forum from your area and ask them where they got fingerprinted, I am sure there is someone else who lives in your state, city. Look in threads such as San Jose Time line, NYC time line, etc... What is your Field Office?

I tried to ask the phone IO of the FP date, he wouldn't give it to me over the phone due to "National Security Reasons".
:confused: plus I also heard that guard might not let me in without the notice anyway.:(

Yeah that might the only problem but maybe if you tell him you've lost your notice, he might let you in. It's worth a try if it's not too far from where you live.

I am the only one from my DO on this forum :). Its Fort Smith, AR. Its about 80 miles but i wouldn't mind doing it. doesn't know the date though.

I called again and the phone Io gave me the exact date and time of the appointment, now my question is if I am able to convince the guard to let me in, can they take the FP without the FP Notice?
Please help!

Ok so in this case, just try to find other applicants on this forum from your area and ask them where they got fingerprinted, I am sure there is someone else who lives in your state, city. Look in threads such as San Jose Time line, NYC time line, etc... What is your Field Office?
I live in NYC. I have learned from the forum that folks in NYC whose priority dates are similar to mine have got their notices more than 1 week ago. They are having their fingerprints done next week.

-------------------------------------------
NYC

03/17/09: N-400 Application Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox
03/23/09: Priority Date
03/31/09: Check cashed
04/04/09: NOA Received (I-797C)
?: Fingerprint notce

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always thought that there should be a better way for USCIS to contact us when they need to,, The worst is when an actual green card gets lost in the mail ( this happened to a friend ) how can they send this through the regular mail ?? :mad:

At least signature upon delivery but sheesh :rolleyes:

I would make an infopass if your letter does not show up in the coming week, I myself am currently waiting for my oath letter so I'm watching my mailman like a hawk LOL.

good luck :)
Thanks! Will let folks know.

I thought that USCIS can send the FP notice again. I will suggest that you must write to USCIS to report the loss of letter and request to inform local FP office to provide help.

Hopefully the original is only delayed and will arrive in the next day or two.

My original FP letter went astray in the mail - I only knew because I called to check when I thought too much time had passed, and the person I spoke to submitted a service request for me to check on the status. I received a written reply to the service request, advising me when my appointment had been, but, also giving me a the information in writing, from which I was able to do a walk-in at the local FP center.

Depending on your location, I would either schedule an infopass appointment to get your information in writing, or, call & see if you can get the information sent by mail (the only way to get this may be to have them submit a service request).

If you are not able to get something in writing before your appointment date - don't panic, you can do your biometrics as a walk-in

From my experience when I visited the FP center without the actual letter, but with written information from USCIS, I would not expect you would be able to get printed without this written from.

GoodLuck

Thanks Auscal,

I had called USCIS and was told that my interview is scheduled on 23rd and if I do nto get he notice by then, I need to call to have it re-scheduled and infopass will not help since it takes a minimum of 2 weeks to get a appointment date.

I am sure it will not be a problem, but my only concern is that it will delay my overall processing.

I am just hoping that this is a just a mail delay due to tax season and I will get it next week before FP date.

I live in NYC. I have learned from the forum that folks in NYC whose priority dates are similar to mine have got their notices more than 1 week ago. They are having their fingerprints done next week.

-------------------------------------------
NYC
03/24/09: N-400 Mailed to Lewsville, TX Lockbox.
03/27/09: N-400 Received By Lockbox.
03/27/09 : Priority Date.
04/01/09 : Check Cashed.
04/01/09 : Notice Date.
04/04/09 : NOA Received ( I-797C).
xx/xx/xx : FP Notice received
xx/xx/xx : FP date and done
I went to inforpass today and was told that my notice was sent on April 14. Then, just 30 minutes ago, I received my FP notice in mail! What a relief.

----------------------

03/17/09: N-400 Application Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox
03/23/09: Priority Date
03/31/09: Check cashed
04/04/09: NOA Received (I-797C)
04/20/09: Fingerprint notce received
04/28/09: FP scheduled

Hey Guys, Thanks for all your replies. I finally got the letter today. it arrived in 8 days, I guess due to tax season. And plus it was actually delivered on Saturday and was put in my neighbor's mailbox ( I live in a apartment).

Thanks to that nice neighbor who was kind enough to give it to me.

Truedesi, I'm glad it worked out for you.

Just a thought, if you hadn't been reading forums, and weren't so up to date on exactly when your biometrics may possibly be scheduled by, you could have been blissfully unaware that the letter was taking a long time - and just been pleasantly surprised when it arrived today..... :)) in all reality, your biometrics was scheduled within a month of mailing your application, which is relatively prompt.