Los Angeles Stamping experience

roopavijay

Registered Users (C)
The 485s for my spouse and myself were approved on 6/7/04. We got our passports stamped yesterday at the Los Angeles office after making an appointment with Infopass for 1.30 PM. We were let in after security checks at 1.20 PM, and after an initial look at our papers at the first counter, were assigned number 424 to wait in line. They were serving #299 at that time. After an hour long wait, one set of people #s 355-380 were asked to line up and taken away to another place. Finally our number was called at 3.45 PM. The officer was courteous, congratulated us and took our fingerprints and signatures. There was some talk between her and a second officer as to whether to take our EADs back or not. Finally they decided not to take our EADs and APs, just the I-94s and pictures. We were finally done at about 4.15 PM. Just as we got out, we looked at the stamps and realized there was a date 5/20/04 that the officer printed in one of the sections, and could not figure out what it was since it did not coincide with anything. When we wanted to go back in and check with the officer after security clearance, the security people at the next door would not let us in (although they were friendly) and said that they would be reprimanded if they let us in. It then occured to me that the date of last activity on my account before approval was 5/21/04, so maybe it is something to do with that?? Anyway, the job is done. Going by some other people's experience with Infopass, I kind of thought we would be done within an hour, and went without eating lunch, that was about the worst part of the whole experience!! Nothing to really complain about.....

roopavijay said:
The 485s for my spouse and myself were approved on 6/7/04. We got our passports stamped yesterday at the Los Angeles office after making an appointment with Infopass for 1.30 PM. We were let in after security checks at 1.20 PM, and after an initial look at our papers at the first counter, were assigned number 424 to wait in line. They were serving #299 at that time. After an hour long wait, one set of people #s 355-380 were asked to line up and taken away to another place. Finally our number was called at 3.45 PM. The officer was courteous, congratulated us and took our fingerprints and signatures. There was some talk between her and a second officer as to whether to take our EADs back or not. Finally they decided not to take our EADs and APs, just the I-94s and pictures. We were finally done at about 4.15 PM. Just as we got out, we looked at the stamps and realized there was a date 5/20/04 that the officer printed in one of the sections, and could not figure out what it was since it did not coincide with anything. When we wanted to go back in and check with the officer after security clearance, the security people at the next door would not let us in (although they were friendly) and said that they would be reprimanded if they let us in. It then occured to me that the date of last activity on my account before approval was 5/21/04, so maybe it is something to do with that?? Anyway, the job is done. Going by some other people's experience with Infopass, I kind of thought we would be done within an hour, and went without eating lunch, that was about the worst part of the whole experience!! Nothing to really complain about.....

Congratulations It is Celebrations time.
If you have a copy of your approval notice, check it thoroughly, it is possible that your case got approved on 5/20/04. Typically from folks' experience posted on this site, the stamping date is always the day the stamp is put on your passport or may be in some cases the day the approval notice specifies when approval was given.
When did the officer say you will get your actual card?

She only said that we'll receive it in the mail, and to get an extension if we don't receive it within the year.