Loosing Job - help

new1234

Hi

There is a potential threat that, I might get layed-off. MY WAC is WAC-02-042-5xxxx. I really do not know what is cooking with INS even WAC-02-047-5xxxx got approved.

Can you please suggest me what can I do and what are the options I have, if I get an RFE. I am more nervous about getting a job before I get an RFE. I heard I need to find a similar job that I am currently working on.

Any suggestions, comments are greatly appreciated.

list of docs..

make sure to have all the latest paystubs with you.
if by some chance you get laid off, ask for the severance pay or the vacation balance to be paid out in 2 or more installments.
get a employment letter from your manager or hr before the layoff hits.
check with employer if they will keep yout H1 alive and not inform the INS for a few more days.

search really hard for another job, even a job offer letter is good.

also

most probably you already got your EAD and you would definitely be past the 6 months AC21 timeframe. So, dont get unduly worried. Just try to get an employment letter with a similar job description. Pay is important but not the only criteria. Even if it is slightly less, it can be explained as due to economic downturn.

Check with your lawyer if he will continue your case or else try to find another good one.

Think coolly, make a check list of items mentioned in these posts and brace up for it.

Maybe it is a consoling thing to know that there are others in the same boat. So relax and prepare for it.