Looking for some common answers....

JD001

Registered Users (C)
I recently filed a lawsuit after my interview that was conducted 2 yrs ago in Nov, 2004. I utilized professional help of a Lawyer to proceed with the lawsuit. I was told and judging from most of the results on this forum that the results are ususally known within 60 days of the filing.

So far, my laywer has given the district attorney office 2 extensions after 60 days were complete to come back with the answer whether we proceed with the litigation or not. My namecheck got initiated in Nov' 2006, however the district attorney officer is saying that the file needs to be sent to National Security team in Washington for final decision on my case. What I am not sure is how ordinary or out of ordinary is this process. I have not heard or read that this is usually the case on applications that are name check pending?

I would like to know if this is a usual steps that the CIS office take or my name check is so srewed up that it needs to go to Washington to be reviewed. My laywer says that the process is so secretive that he does not have much to share?

Any advice is much appreciated

Regards,
JD

Two years does sounds unusually long wait after interview. Do you have anything that might complicate the background check, such as any trouble with law enforcements, arrests etc?

In Boston area, the whole thing only takes several months to complete, from submiting N400 to the ceremony. Where do you live?

If your interview was conducted in Nov 2004, how come your namecheck was only requested in Nov 2006? Seems like USCIS and/or the FBI lost the original case?

Personally I'd be dis-inclined to give them much more time, however you should probably go with whatever your lawyer recommends.

My namecheck got initiated after I filed the lawsuit in Nov' 2007. It seems that the file was sitting collecting dust for the last two years and only moved when the lawsuit was filed.

What I am concerned with is what is a National Security Team in Washington? and what might be in file or namecheck hits that might prompt them to review the file. I would think simple things like Drive license issues etc...will not require the file to be reviewed with National Security Team to decide on your case. If such is the case, then good luck to everyone who's name checks are pending.