Looking for good University to do MBA in Baltimore, MD area

sam99

Registered Users (C)
I apologize for posting non-immigration issue.

I am looking for good University to do MBA in Baltimore area and ofcourse cost does matter. I would like to have opinions from someone who has already done MBA or persuing the degree. I know there are some University like Towson, Bowie and Univ of MD, Univ of baltimore but not sure which one is accredited.

I appreciate your inputs.

Good

that you brought this up. Even I am interested in this one. I guess John Hopkins is a good one for MBA. Let's wait for some good feedback.

Re: Good

Originally posted by roran
that you brought this up. Even I am interested in this one. I guess John Hopkins is a good one for MBA. Let's wait for some good feedback.

Hi Roran,
I heard John hopkins is not accredited for MBA degree (not sure) as they hv recently introduced MBA programme but it is good thou for MS in IT and medical degrees.

Oh !! Is it ?? I just work in Baltimore. I don't know anything abt here. Maryland university at college park should be good for MBA. I know it is in top for MS (Comp.Sc).

Hi,
Being an alumni of Uni. of Maryland, College Park I can tell you that the MBA school ranking has dropped to 43 from a 17 three years back. But the good thing is they offer Part-time MBAs and have multiple offsite locations. Currently the best ranked school in the D.C Metro region is: GeorgeTown University but they do not offer Part-time MBAs.
Use this link to find the right B-School for you: http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad/tools/brief/mba_srch_advanced.htm

I am currently enrolled in an Executive MBA program sponsored jointly by Penn Engineering and Wharton Business School. The course is awsome, attracts some of the finest talent across the nation. Classes are scheduled on alternate Saturdays.

For more information go to

www.emtm.upenn.edu

And, yes I have classmates from the Baltimore area.

MAil to Jopa

It must be nice to do MBA in Upenn. Are you paying the expenses by yourself or or company is sharing the expenses with you.

How much the tuition fee for part time MBA in each year.

Would appreciate to see your reply. Thanks.

M

to jopa

jopa,

How do you value your techno-MBA in upenn? What industries do your classmates come from? How high GRE/GMAT score will it be OK?

Any comment would be appreciated.

If u check wharton website, u will see that 33% are from engineering(FT-MBA). Of course this was for last yr.

Value of Techno-MBA:
It all depends on what u want to do after gettign MBA.
IMHO, part time programs suck since it just adds some degree to u'r name tag but u will not be dedicated to that profession unless u change gears. So, if u'r company is paying tuition, then it makes sense but avoid paying big money from u'r pocket.

U will see lot of arts/finance majors in the program who can rail u with their skills.

UM-College Parks MBA program is good but not the best atleast ranking wise.

UPenn deosn't offer part-time MBA but is does offer executive mba which is very costly and people need to have lot of work exp (10-20 yrs). Regular MBA GMAT score should be 700+(avg) but it is not a must, if u can impress with work exp / essay/interview/acad.