looking for companies sponsoring Greencard

tindhira

My husband is looking for some one who can sponsor greencard. His six year term of H1-B is going to expire on october 2003. He is currently working with Oracle corporation at CA. We have applied for GC in oct 2001 (In CA). The labour is still not approved. It is in the second stage and we are not sure how long is this going to take. So we are looking for some company which will sponsor our GC immediately. if anyone has information please send me a mail. My id is tindhira@hotmail.com

Originally posted by tindhira
My husband is looking for some one who can sponsor greencard. His six year term of H1-B is going to expire on october 2003. He is currently working with Oracle corporation at CA. We have applied for GC in oct 2001 (In CA). The labour is still not approved. It is in the second stage and we are not sure how long is this going to take. So we are looking for some company which will sponsor our GC immediately. if anyone has information please send me a mail. My id is tindhira@hotmail.com

If your husband is still working for Oracle, then he shouldn't have any problems in getting a 7th year H-1B extension, and if you are in H-4 status, your H-4 can also be extended. Even if your husband finds another company, chances are he might have to start the whole process from the begining (L.C.). There might be some companies (big 5) where they might have an approved and unused LC, which can be substituted provided the salary, education, and experience are the same.

If the LC is in 2nd stage, you should wait. You should hear something before that. If you do not hear anything by end of June, your husband should talk with his manager (Oracle) if he is still employed with Oracle, and ask him to extend his H-1B. Once the H-1B extension (7th year) is filed, he can legally work for 240days or BCIS decision whichever occurs first.

Good Luck!!