Looking for Chicago Passport Stamping Experiences

sandyh

I recently got my I-485 application approved. So need to go to Chicago INS for Passport Stamping.
Can anyone post some info. on their Passport Stamping Experience at Chicago INS. What documents to take? Best day and time of day, to go for stamping?
Thanks.

chicago

just bring the document you approve notice request, try go there a little bit early, wait in the line and get stamped. Don\'t think too much, no question ask, nothing special, whitin minutes, done.

My experience. I went today to chicago INS

I reached at 6 am(i\'ll strongly advice that u do the same). At 7.00 am they opened the door and then separated people having I-485 approval notice. U shud have
all items mentioned in notice + All EAD\'s + ALL AP\'s
If everything is ok you\'ll be out within 15 minutes but in my case they didn\'t accept my photograph so had to go out and get a new pair but even then i was out by 7.45.

CAUTION: Make sure if you do go out and ask the rates before u get the photograph.. I didn\'t and I was charged 4 times than normal charge..

Stamping experience at Chicago

We went to Chicago INS for passport stamping yesterday, we were there by 6:00 a.m. We went inside at 7:00, and after they seperated the people based on their application types, we were sent to Room 100, and we were told that our pictures were not right and asked to get new ones.

This particular lady did that for everybody she processed. The pictures we had taken were exactly based on the specifications on the approval notice. Anyway, we did not want to get into an arguement with her, so we went across the street to walgreens and got our pictures taken, by the time we went back with the new pictures, she had our passports stamped. We were out by 8:15.

- Tina.

Curious if yours was a transfer case..

I am just wondering if your I485 was transferred to Chicago from NSC or not. If so do you mind sharing the details? Basically when did it get transferred and how long did it take before you got the interview letter. I would appreciate it. Our case has been transferred and so I am interested.

Thanks!!

I had the same experience . I guess they just want to increase the business for shops outside local

No mines was not a transfer case. I went to local INS for passport stamping

Thanks, all of you folks. I\'ll go there next Monday and then post my experience there