Looking for a lawyer and 245(i)

grib popov

Registered Users (C)
Does somebody know a lawyer who could help me in the following situation:
I thought that the new law 245(I) would be exactly what I need, but it is too complex - I was out of status for about two months and now I am a political asylum applicant whose case in the BIA. Could you tell me if I have to pay penalty and apply for I-485 as a spouse of a person who did so already or wait until his I-485 is approved and then apply for AOS? Thanks in advance.

No Title

Because before I applied for the Political Asylum I was on an F1 visa and there is a 2 month difference between the last day of my classes and the receipt date of my application for the political asylum. I actually attended school for only a few weeks ( I had a short term training course).

No Title

Guys, Please enlighten me

I came to US using company X\'s H1 and had to change to company Y as X couldnt place me.I got my new H1(NOT h1 transfer) after 5 months of portof entry.I went back tocountry of origin and re-entered US. Now can i use section 245(i) for my GC to correct my status if i am considered out of status. My new h1 was filed before my old h1 was cancelled .This was in 98-99.Thanks,

TJSP

No Title

If a person came to US before 1988 and has not applied for his adjustment of status anytime before.. can he do it know and if so what he needs to submit.. I mean to show that he is here in US since that time... any update on this issue...
Also if a person visited US before 1988 and then went back but came again to US before December 2000 for visit. If that person is not out of status of illegal, he is on Visit visa still can that person use this new 245(i) law in any way..
Thanks any and all the information will be greately appreciated.

No Title

Hello,

My labor application was filed in 1998 by company A. In 2000, company A was renamed to COMPANY B. In 2001, company B was sold to company C.

Now, my labor has been approved. During the transistion, Company B did not inform the DOL about the name change.

My question is , Can company C file the I-140 based on the current Approval for Company A? please advice me on this.

No Title

Please Help! My husband entered the U.S. in November of 1998 illegally. He got caught by border patrol. They fingerprinted him and made him sign a paper. He then entered the U.S. the next day illegally and made it across the border. He is now in the U.S. and we are trying to adjust his status through the 245i. We are wanting to know what the likelihood is that we will be okay doing this or would it be too dangerous? Please help.

No Title

Candance Lara,
I am faced with the same situation as you are. Have you had any luck with this? Have you planned in filing the 245I? We were all set to send it but I wanted to investigate a little more before submitted the request.