Long wait starts

GCFORMEORNOT

Registered Users (C)
Hello fellow sufferers,

Just got my I140 approved with in 15 days.
PD 6/30/2006 EB3 INDIA.

I am joining a long line of Retrogression of EB3 India. :mad:

I have a feeling my PD will become current in 5-6 years hopefully.

Any thoughts from someone with PDs in 2006?

Anybody else welcome to participate.

GCFORMEORNOT said:
Hello fellow sufferers,

PD 6/30/2006 EB3 INDIA.

Unless they start LIFO ... which they are capable of doing.

No point ..

GCFORMEORNOT said:
Hello fellow sufferers,

PD 6/30/2006 EB3 INDIA.

GCFORMEORNOT,

With a 2006 India EB3 PD there really is no point in stressing about the dates right now. I have a 2001 India EB3 PD and have no idea how long the wait will be. The best thing for you is to not worry to much about this process at this point. It will be a total waste of your time. Speculating is also fruitless.

Good Luck.

saras

you never know, the current situation can not prevail for a long time, if it does then I really don't think there is no point waiting for such a longtime,

many of our cases, such as saras and myself, It took some time for us realize what kind of mess we are in, by this time we already put so much time on this, now there is no point in getting out at this stage

However, you have all the info in the world to make a right choice, don't let GC take over your life.

Thanks

Thanks for advice guys.
I was completely aware of Retrogression situation before I applied for GC, but I still applied and completed at least 2 stages to get few more years than my L1 will allow. I have regular time on my L1 till Mar 2009.
The current system will allow me to extend my L1 for another 3 years. What I plan is to use 2 more years after 2009. Save enough money and leave US of A for good.

Good plan ..

GCFORMEORNOT said:
Thanks for advice guys.
I was completely aware of Retrogression situation before I applied for GC, but I still applied and completed at least 2 stages to get few more years than my L1 will allow. I have regular time on my L1 till Mar 2009.
The current system will allow me to extend my L1 for another 3 years. What I plan is to use 2 more years after 2009. Save enough money and leave US of A for good.

GCFORMEORNOT,

Its great that you have a plan in place. The best part is that anything can happen between now and 2009. Who knows, you might get the GC by then? The key is to be prepared to not get it and plan accordingly. Even with a 2001 PD I am prepared to not get the GC and have solid plan Bs in place. I would not like to revert to plan B but will do so if need be.

regards,

saras

GCFORMEORNOT said:
Thanks for advice guys.

Well as your 140 is approved, the PD is yours. So no need to stress on a job. You can change jobs if needed and retain PD but apply new L/C and 140. We never know what will happen. I deal with a Australian company to who work is outsourced at my client place. These folks send people up here and I talk to them. Seems like Australia is moving forward with new technologies and is soon competing with US in terms of technology. In fact, America recognizes it and started its brain drain plans by giving Aussies a better visa than H1b. So we never know how things are going to be my friend. Keep a backup plan and continue your job with no stress. BTW I am also in your boat, 140 approved and PD is March 2nd, 2006 but under EB2 category.

Question on changing jobs after LC and I140 is approved. If I want to switch jobs and retain my PD, does the new job need the same requirement ?
Also, what other steps should one take in order to retain the PD.

chanduv23 said:
Well as your 140 is approved, the PD is yours. So no need to stress on a job. You can change jobs if needed and retain PD but apply new L/C and 140. We never know what will happen. I deal with a Australian company to who work is outsourced at my client place. These folks send people up here and I talk to them. Seems like Australia is moving forward with new technologies and is soon competing with US in terms of technology. In fact, America recognizes it and started its brain drain plans by giving Aussies a better visa than H1b. So we never know how things are going to be my friend. Keep a backup plan and continue your job with no stress. BTW I am also in your boat, 140 approved and PD is March 2nd, 2006 but under EB2 category.

As far as i know the new job should be similar to the job duties mentioned in the LC. If the job is significantly different from the mentioned in the LC then you will have problems.

I think other Gurus can give more details on this one.

krishna_ said:
Question on changing jobs after LC and I140 is approved. If I want to switch jobs and retain my PD, does the new job need the same requirement ?
Also, what other steps should one take in order to retain the PD.

The green card process needs to be started over from LC step.
The new job can be different, your new area region can be diffrent (other state). The new GC can be filed even in other category, for example:
Original EB3 but with new employer EB2.

The most important is to make sure that old original employer will not revoke approved I140 petition. If original petitioner revokes I140, you are screwed and PD can not be transfered.

Then nobody can make use of this PD portability. Because most of the company will defintely will revoke approved 140 for make use of approved labor. I can say 99%. :eek:

i agree with Harry007.......if the company reuses your PD.......and the other person gets his I-485 approved (or filed i am not sure which) you may be screwed...

i am not exactly sure how all this works.....can some one elaborate the details??

But noone can guarantee that I140 will not be revoked..
How can you make sure its not revoked?
Is there a timeline .. i.e If the LC and I140 gets approved with the new company and after that if the old company revokes the I140 old PD is still retained?
Has anyone followed this process.. Pls enlighten us with details.

sfmars said:
The green card process needs to be started over from LC step.
The new job can be different, your new area region can be diffrent (other state). The new GC can be filed even in other category, for example:
Original EB3 but with new employer EB2.

The most important is to make sure that old original employer will not revoke approved I140 petition. If original petitioner revokes I140, you are screwed and PD can not be transfered.

saras76 said:
GCFORMEORNOT,

Its great that you have a plan in place. The best part is that anything can happen between now and 2009. Who knows, you might get the GC by then? The key is to be prepared to not get it and plan accordingly. Even with a 2001 PD I am prepared to not get the GC and have solid plan Bs in place. I would not like to revert to plan B but will do so if need be.

regards,

saras

Saras,

If you don't mind, can you please share your plan B here. I have Jan, 2002 PD, I-140 approved but can't apply for I-485 because of retrogression. Please share your plan B, if it is ok with you, if you don't feel comfortable, my apologizes!

Thanks,

Don't know what Saras has to say. IMHO, Plan B in general --- if green card is nowhere to be seen then why wait until you get the green card and citizenship to go back to India. Check how many of our Indians are counting days for citizenship and then return to India. Better do it now when your kids are young and when you can get a good job in a booming market in India.

Some people plan for other countries.

General plan ..

indian_gc_ocean said:
Don't know what Saras has to say. IMHO, Plan B in general --- if green card is nowhere to be seen then why wait until you get the green card and citizenship to go back to India. Check how many of our Indians are counting days for citizenship and then return to India. Better do it now when your kids are young and when you can get a good job in a booming market in India.

Some people plan for other countries.

My plan is very general. I am still young and do not have any kids yet. This gives me a lot more fexibility. Both me and my wife have started our Masters and will finish by the end of 07. We are saving as much money as possible and staying very liquid in case we have to move. We are making sure we take advantage of everything this country has to offer while we are here. I am fortunate in that my job is fairly secure and my wife has an EAD that she can work on. At this time I am ready to wait for another year. If nothing happens till the end of 07 and the prospects look bleak then I will be in a position to either switch jobs using AC-21 or move somewhere else. The key is to stay flexible and not make any huge investments that will tie us down to a particular place. Everyones situation and needs are different and there really isn't any perfect plan B out there :)

regards,

saras

I-140 revocation will not affect PD portability...as long as LC & I-140 are approved and genuine...then the PD is yours forever...

PD can still be ported - Only in case of fraud, it cannot be ported.....

santa4u said:
I-140 revocation will not affect PD portability...as long as LC & I-140 are approved and genuine...then the PD is yours forever...

PD can still be ported - Only in case of fraud, it cannot be ported.....

Thanks for the info :) If this is the case, then it is relief for lot of people who are stuck with exploitative employers.