London Interview Success - Jan 3

dexley

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview at the London Consulate on January 3. It all went very smoothly and quickly and I entered JFK without any hassle or waiting a few days later. I refer you to alade ojo’s excellent account of the experience for further detail. It went exactly the same with me except they didn’t ask me for a notarized affidavit of support for my wife and children (but have it with you anyway just in case). For the photographs, I recommend Passport Photo Services opposite Selfridges on Oxford Street above Phones 4 U. They only open at 8:30 so you should have them done there before the day of the interview. Just one thing to watch out for - they gave me VERY little notice of my interview date, although that could be because I had requested an expedited date and was given a date at the start of the month. I only received the Packet 4 in mid-December and my interview was Jan 3. I suggest phoning the consulate in London every week commencing about 6 weeks prior to when the interview date is expected.