Local PCC from different places in India

Sri20

Registered Users (C)
I am basically a residence of Hyderabad, AP but I have also stayed at Bangalore, Karnataka prior to leaving to USA i.e., from 1994 to 2000 September.

Do I have to take a local PCC even from Bangalore? Or is it enough for me to just take Local PCC from district police serving my area of residence and PCC from RPO.

Thanks in advance

Hi Sri20,

As far as my knowledge goes, I don't think u need PCC from all the places u lived from One country. U should take PCC from the district police serving ur area of primary residence and the also from RPO where ur passport was issued. That should be fine. That's my input, if any of the forum member disagrees, please post more info.

Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by Sri20
I am basically a residence of Hyderabad, AP but I have also stayed at Bangalore, Karnataka prior to leaving to USA i.e., from 1994 to 2000 September.

Do I have to take a local PCC even from Bangalore? Or is it enough for me to just take Local PCC from district police serving my area of residence and PCC from RPO.

Thanks in advance

Re: Re: Local PCC from different places in India

You do not require a local PCC from india, PCC from Indian Embassy here in US is sufficient, if you have lived only in india and US since you were 16yrs old.

My 2cents....

-Ravi

Originally posted by rkreddy
Hi Sri20,

As far as my knowledge goes, I don't think u need PCC from all the places u lived from One country. U should take PCC from the district police serving ur area of primary residence and the also from RPO where ur passport was issued. That should be fine. That's my input, if any of the forum member disagrees, please post more info.

Thanks
RKReddy

Re: Re: Re: Local PCC from different places in India

Hey Ravi,

That's what I was thinking. But just now I read in the following link which is saying u need from each locality, if the applicant has resided for atleast six months. Is this true , I am really sorry for this confusion. Any inputs regarding this would greatly appreciated and would help the person who asked this question.

http://www.foia.state.gov/masterdoc.../0942063X11.pdf

"Police certificates are required from every visa appliant aged 16 years or over for each locality of the country of the applicant's nationality or curren residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of
sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year "

Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by RaviPK
You do not require a local PCC from india, PCC from Indian Embassy here in US is sufficient, if you have lived only in india and US since you were 16yrs old.

My 2cents....

-Ravi

"Police certificates are required from every visa appliant aged 16 years or over for each locality of the country of the applicant's nationality

Re: Re: Re: Re: Local PCC from different places in India

Hi Rkreddy,

Here is information from the Chennai US Consulate Website, under FAQ's, also we should probably ask people who had interviews done in Sept, if they had taken Local PCC.
-- Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a statement from their local embassy or consulate confirming they have no criminal record.
Well, I think it is better we either get confirmation from either US consulate, or other Sept interview candidates.
I will place a question in sept interview thread.

-Ravi

Originally posted by rkreddy
Hey Ravi,

That's what I was thinking. But just now I read in the following link which is saying u need from each locality, if the applicant has resided for atleast six months. Is this true , I am really sorry for this confusion. Any inputs regarding this would greatly appreciated and would help the person who asked this question.

http://www.foia.state.gov/masterdoc.../0942063X11.pdf

"Police certificates are required from every visa appliant aged 16 years or over for each locality of the country of the applicant's nationality or curren residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of
sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year "

Thanks
RKReddy

"Police certificates are required from every visa appliant aged 16 years or over for each locality of the country of the applicant's nationality

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Local PCC from different places in India

Hi Ravi,

I think ur right about getting the PCC from US ONLY if we are residing here. Nowhere have I seen anybody taking PCC from different locality's in India.

Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by RaviPK
Hi Rkreddy,

Here is information from the Chennai US Consulate Website, under FAQ's, also we should probably ask people who had interviews done in Sept, if they had taken Local PCC.
-- Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a statement from their local embassy or consulate confirming they have no criminal record.
Well, I think it is better we either get confirmation from either US consulate, or other Sept interview candidates.
I will place a question in sept interview thread.

-Ravi