Local INS at Tampa for I-EAD

che22

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,
Does anyone have any experience getting an Interim EAD at the Local INS office in Tampa?. My I-485 was filed with NSC, but I recently moved to Florida. I think I need to go the local INS office if the EAD is not approved > 90 days. My wife is the primary applicant and she already rec'd her GC.

I really appreciate your responses.

Do you have a Florida ID

I am from saint louis but i had to go to chicago as stl was not doing IEAD's. They found that out and i had to argue the case.
I could get thru with a great deal but finally they needed an IL ID to give it to me.
So if you havent changed your driver's license may be u should do that, taking my experience into account.

Other's can comment if it messes up with anything other docs.

I am going to apply for IEAD on 20th june my file is at TSC. They don't accept walk ins you have to make an appointment with them
by calling 813-637-3010 on tues, wed, thursdays between 8am & 12 noon..

I-EAD

Khoula,
Do I need to call the Tampa office only after 90 days or can I call before hand? Will the appt will be within a week or month?

che22

you can call them before 90 days and make sure you get u r appointment > 90 days!(any how i guess they are taking > 30 days for an appointment..)

Hi che22

I called them about a week ago as my ead filed on 3/11/03 and completed 90 days on 6/10/03. They gave me an appointment on 20th june, even though the regular appointment dates currently are in late August. I went to Tampa BCIS yesterday and gave my application with EAD notice from TSC, and I-485 Notice. They told me to come back on Wed 25th @ 12.30 for Photograph and IEAD. Hope this helps.

Khoula

EAD renewal

Hi Khoula,
Thanks for sharing your information. Also I wish you get the renewed EAD with no hassles. Good Luck.
Also let us know your experiences...
My situation here is different. I applied for my EAD on May 22nd thru Fedex after realizing that my EAD expires in Jul 23rd,2003.

So I think I need to call them only on Aug 23rd to get an appt.
I am not sure what's going to happen at my workplace and also I had joined a new company which makes much more difficult to convince HR about the situation.
Due to change in my address, I think there will be a delay in receiving my notice too. I am keeping my fingers crossed at this situation.
Originally, center is NSC and since I moved to Florida after applying for EAD in NJ, I think I need to go to Tampa office which is nearer to me. Do you know which office do I need to go to get the I-EAD. Is it based on the place where your file is or is it based on where you live?

To all:
Will doing an new H-1B thru premium processing will help to get of this critical situation? Do anyone know how long does the Premium processing for new H-1B will take??

-che22

What are your experiences???

Hi khoula,

Could you please share your experiences....

Tejas

90 days ?

Hi All,

Can you guys clarify on this 90 days rule? Is it from the date applied OR from ND. In my case I efiled on 5/29 but the ND is 6/11 then when can I go to local ASC to get IEAD?

Just came back from Tampa w/iEAD

It was quite easy:
:cool:
Two weeks ago we asked our attorney to file locally for iEAD. They sent the paperwork and about a week ago we got our appointment: 06/25/03 12:30 PM (hey we probably met there khoula!).
We were advised to arrive early, so arrived by 10:30 AM. Made the short line at the door (to the right of the glass door, behind the white line, strictly enforced), an official came out and asked for our appointment letters. Told us we were way early and asked to come back by noon.
Returned by noon, and were allowed to get into the first waiting room (there is a slot to deposit the letters, but were told to keep them and somebody will come asking for them). By 12:45 PM an official came asked everybody who had an appointment for EAD to line up at a second room nearby. In that room there was an official collecting the letters and asking us to be seated.
After a while we were instructed to come as called in groups of 6 to be photographed and fingerprinted. Then they called one by one to check the names and data on the card. Once out, after few minutes we had our iEADs, valid for 240 days.
On our way out, the same officials told us to check on the expiration date and make sure we submitt our renewals 90 days ahead.
Total time, about 1 hour.:D
Lousy quality card, almost impossible to read (and we paid $120 each:rolleyes: )

Rich

I got mine for free

I am surprised you paid. I got mine for free. Is it over what you paid for your actual EAD.

che22

U can work on receipt for new H1-B - please confirm this.

Normally, premium processing cases are processed within 15 days.

If u can work on receipt of H1-B application, u shouldn't need to pay the extra 1000$ for premium processing.

hari_nupur,
I joined the new job using my EAD so my H-1B will become void. Which means I am no more in H-1B and hence want to know the time limit for processing a new H-1B using premium processing if EAD really gets delayed. And I had applied for renewal EAD only 60 days b 4 and not 90. Hence worried about the EAD gap of one month if it gets approved late.

Thanks for sharing your information.
-che22

Premium processing costs 1000$ more than the regular processing - the advantage is that your application is guaranteed to be processed in 15 days.

If you can work on receipt for the application of H1-B, there isn't any need for premium processing. You can legally work on H1-B status from the receipt date of your application - please confirm this with your lawyer and employer.

hari_napur,
But the difficult in doing a new H-1B is I need to go out of U.S and come inside once the new H-1B is approved.
-che22

If u can get a letter from ur employer stating that ur services will be terminated if u don't have valid EAD, the local INS might consider giving u an iEAD b4 90 days.

My husband too joined his new company on EAD & we had the same prob as urs - we applied late for EAD. However, my husband's previous H1-B was valid & the company was willing to transfer the H1-B - we weren't asked to get a new H1-B.

This transfer isn't possible if u've used Advanced Parole - that invalidates H1-B.

Please enquire about transfer if ur previous H1-B's still valid.

Hari_napur,
I had used my Advance parole in Nov, 2002 but still was working in H-1B for my previous company until June 2nd. I am not sure about this invalidation once I use my advance parole since I was working in H-1B till last month.If I don't get mt approval b 4 60 days, I need to talk to my company. I am afraid if they take me out of the job.

- che22