Lobbying DOS for applicants stuck at BEC

StukAtBEC

Registered Users (C)
All,

Can we all get together and request non-profit organizations like immigrationvoice.org to work out a solution with DOS for accomodating all the pending applicants with BEC's during the October's Visa bulletin.

I know it sounds ridiculous but if you put the numbers together...currently there are around 25000 applications pending with BEC's and by Aug 17th those numbers might come down to 22,000. I' am not sure what would USCIS or DOS would gain in holding these 22000 applications back. May be 50,000 with dependents.

The best solution would be to have PD's of April'2005 for all EB categories in the month of October'07. If IV group or any group could lobby for all the remaining applicants at BEC's, then it would be ideal for every one. Justice to all aspiring legal immigrants.

All of us can then focus our energies on other issues like Visa numbers, capturing unused visas, not counting dependents in the visa quota etc.

I hope everyone (those who have already submitted I-140's and I-485's) can support us on this issue and this should be on top of all the priorities.

I registered recently with immigrationvoice.org but my User Id does not permit me to post messages on immigrationvoice.org

Can anyone help posting this thread on that web site.

Please provide any suggestions you might have on this subject.

EB2, Non-RIR, Nov-2004, P-05153-****

Finally Approved!

Finally labor got approved after 5 years of marathon wait.

Thanks,

PD Aug'02
labor approved July'07

All,

Can we all get together and request non-profit organizations like immigrationvoice.org to work out a solution with DOS for accomodating all the pending applicants with BEC's during the October's Visa bulletin.

I know it sounds ridiculous but if you put the numbers together...currently there are around 25000 applications pending with BEC's and by Aug 17th those numbers might come down to 22,000. I' am not sure what would USCIS or DOS would gain in holding these 22000 applications back. May be 50,000 with dependents.

The best solution would be to have PD's of April'2005 for all EB categories in the month of October'07. If IV group or any group could lobby for all the remaining applicants at BEC's, then it would be ideal for every one. Justice to all aspiring legal immigrants.

All of us can then focus our energies on other issues like Visa numbers, capturing unused visas, not counting dependents in the visa quota etc.

I hope everyone (those who have already submitted I-140's and I-485's) can support us on this issue and this should be on top of all the priorities.

I registered recently with immigrationvoice.org but my User Id does not permit me to post messages on immigrationvoice.org

Can anyone help posting this thread on that web site.

Please provide any suggestions you might have on this subject.

EB2, Non-RIR, Nov-2004, P-05153-****

Well, I did set up a forum www.expatsvoice.org and as a group are trying to lobby for immigration reforms for legal immigrants to include a compassionate visa and protection of children who still age out despite the enactment of CSPA

This is a grass roots effort but without anyone donating so we can afford a lobbyist will make our journey for success a long and uphill battle

But if people join and donate anything is possible