LMO work experience issue

naveenjuvva

Hi,

I have a work visa problem that needs urgent solution. Or else I will lose my job. Please respond if you can help.

I got a job as a transportation engineer near Toronto. MY employer got a positive LMO response. I applied for visa in India. The High Commission is asking for 8 years of work experience. Apparently there was a mention of 8 years requirement for the position in the LMO, which I was not aware of. The company had submitted my profile with 6 years of work experience. I provided proof of 6 years of work experience in my visa application. My company wrote a letter to consulate, clarifying that though the company website had a mention of 8 years, the actual job advertisement only asked for 5+ years of experience. The consulate is not satisfied with the company's clarification, and is still asking for 8 years experience.

1. Can my employer get Service Canada to change the requirement in the LMO now? If so, will that satisfy the High Commission? How long might it take for Service Canada to make the change?

2. I was planning on including my graduate research experience in US on transportation related projects (I got paid) to bring it up to 8 years (actually 7 years 7 months). Will that work? Is the High Commission picky about the exact number of years and will it complain that I am still 5 months short of 8 years?

I would really appreciate any response to my problem.

thanks!
junkax