Living Seperate from Spouse - PR Application

Nijil

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
I'd really appreciate some help with this.
My friend is now living seperate from her husband since the last three years.
Not official though.
My questions
1. Can she apply for Canadian PR with she as the Principal Applicant ? She is qualified.
2. Will she have to produce official records proving seperation ?
3. Will she have to fill in the Background Decl for spouse and the associated forms ?
4. How can she convice the Immigration officer that she is infact living seperately and the husband will not be applying for PR and moving to Canada ?
Thanks in advance for your time.

Nijil.

There is no provision for living "seperate". Either she is married or she is divorced and thus single.

Is your "friend" expecting a divorce any time soon. If not she needs to file and consider hersel married with all the spousal info included in application. She may however note that she is the only one who wants to immigrate at this time and not the spouse.

Thanks

texancanadian said:
There is no provision for living "seperate". Either she is married or she is divorced and thus single.

Is your "friend" expecting a divorce any time soon. If not she needs to file and consider hersel married with all the spousal info included in application. She may however note that she is the only one who wants to immigrate at this time and not the spouse.

Thank you Texan Canadian.
That was valuable advice.
I will inform her of the same.

Nijil.