Living in Canada working in the US on L1?

Arpiro

I am a Canadian citizen and my company is pushing to have me move to the US branch on L1, it will require less than 10 days a month of working at the office and the rest can be done remotely. My husband is eligible to get a TN visa and find a similar role in the US. However, we are not ready to sell our home and move there permanently as we both have extended family and friends in Canada.
Is it possible to commute to work on L1 and TN and stay most of the time in Canada? Are there any complications for L1/TN status and opportunity to get Green Card or such? We are alright with filing taxes in both countries.

I am a Canadian citizen and my company is pushing to have me move to the US branch on L1, it will require less than 10 days a month of working at the office and the rest can be done remotely. My husband is eligible to get a TN visa and find a similar role in the US. However, we are not ready to sell our home and move there permanently as we both have extended family and friends in Canada.
Is it possible to commute to work on L1 and TN and stay most of the time in Canada? Are there any complications for L1/TN status and opportunity to get Green Card or such? We are alright with filing taxes in both countries.
You are really lucky. L1 means no wait time for greencard for Indian and Chinese citizen.

You are really lucky. L1 means no wait time for greencard for Indian and Chinese citizen.
There are at least two inaccuracies here. First, not all L-1 nonimmigrants will qualify for an EB1C green card (the OP did not mention being a manager or executive who would qualify for EB1C). Second, the immigrant visa quotas are based on country of birth, not country of citizenship. It is true that natives of China and India who qualify for EB1C face shorter waiting times than the ones who have to go through EB2 or EB3. Citizenship is irrelevant.