List of documentation for I-140 & I-485 when to apply for 8th year

kalicheran2001

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends:
I am on 7th iyear H1B visa which has validity up to the end of June 2006.
My employer got (my) Labor approval just yesterday (February 2nd 2006). My labor application was filed in December -2003 I have the following Questions:
I) Can my I-140 and I-485 be filed to gather?
II) What documentation I need to submit for I-140 and I-485?
III) To apply for H1B 8th year Is it necessary to wait till I-140 is filed?

Please post your information ASAP
Thanks,
Kalicheran

Kalicheran,
Congrats on your labor approval. Based on my understanding here is my response to you questions. I am sure someone will correct me.

1. You can immediately file I140.
2. You can immediately file for H1 extension too

now here comes the hard part
3. If your labor is EB2/EB1 category, and if you are not from either India/China, good news for you. Go ahead and file your I485 and so on...
4. If your labor is EB3 category, Then you can't file for I485. Please check Visa Bulletin on this site to check your priority date.

Hope this clears up your confusion. Good luck on your next stages.

Visa (R1) -EAD - Employer Change

One of my friend is on R1 from past 5 and half years. His Employer (Temple) processed his I-360 and it’s approved in JULY2017. He &spouse filled I-485 (adjustment of status) in December2017. Both now got EADs in April2018; and waiting on appoint for finger prints. He is still continuing at the same place on R1.

Because of a situation he is now forced to look for a job outside.

He has the following questions:

In case situation forced to change employer (from Temple A to B); should he

1. File AC21 to INS along with an employer (Temple B); link any other on H1-> I-140/485 do

2. Meaning AC21 process applicable for R1 -> I-360/485 candidate?

3. What If not AC21 should he submit to INS
In my opinion once reaching to I-485 status it is common for everyone. He just can start at Tempe B, by submitting (a) & (b) below to INS

(a) AC21 with all his religions duties currently performing and (b) employment offer from Temple B

Any input will be a great help. God bless you!!