Likely September Interview at Mumbai Tracker.

Police clearence certificate.

My case was sent to Mumbai consulate on July 1st and I am on CPTracker with name Vijay shrivastava.

I send an email to mumbai consulate asking "My self and my wife are residing in US from approximately last five years
what kind of Police Clearance Certificate we will need for the interview? "

Got follwoing reply. Since both of you are residing in the U.S., you need to obtain Indian police clearance certificates from the Indian Embassy/Consulate in the U.S. "

Thanks for starting Sept. track.

It gives a feeling, September reaching close.

PCC I also got the same reply. No local PCC for us.

Good to start this thread

My info.
reviewed done on 7/10. Waiting for NVC to send Mumbai. Not sure about Sept.
PCC - Do we need to get PCC from your local city where u staying in USA? Not heard but thought to mentioned.

Thanks, Vijay

for staring this thread. Appears that I will be on the Sept wagon as well.

My info:

NVC Review Completed: Jun 28
Case forwarded to Mumbai: July 01

Have not heard back from the Mumbai consulate yet. I sent them an e-mail on July 08.

August Interview dates are published.

Mumbai consulate has Published the August Interview Dates on it's Website.

Vijay did you by any chance could make it for

it for the august interview? I thought you stand a chance because they consider the review date as the date recieved.

Got word from Mumbai

Expected to schedule interview in September. Mumbai has very good record of customer service.

Mumbai has rec'd my case as well and

they mention that they are expect to schedule me for Sept.

I had not gotten responses to earlier e-mail because I accidently sent them to NIV. I got a response from IV the very next day.

Customer service does appear to be pretty good.

my case

Hey Guys,

I wrote to Mumbai Consulate and got a reply from them saying they hope to schedule mine in September. My packet was forwarded to India on 7/1/02.

When I asked as to when do you think my interview will be scheduled, did they really check if they have received my packet from NVC (I gave the case # and date on which it was forwarded),
or just by looking at the date, they replied saying if forwarded on 7/1/02, so probably in Septmeber interview can be scheduled.

Did any one specifially asked if they have received the packet ??
Can I be sure that they have received the packet ??

monk12

deleting an account

does anyone know how to delete an account on this site. I created an account which doesnot work (doenot lety me post message) but that account has my e-mail address.

I cannot use that e-mail address to create another account here, which I want to. This made me to think about deleting the old account and creating a new account with same e-mail address. But unfortunately I don't know how to delete an account here.

any idea ??

monk12

Re: my case

Originally posted by monk12
Hey Guys,

I wrote to Mumbai Consulate and got a reply from them saying they hope to schedule mine in September. My packet was forwarded to India on 7/1/02.

When I asked as to when do you think my interview will be scheduled, did they really check if they have received my packet from NVC (I gave the case # and date on which it was forwarded),
or just by looking at the date, they replied saying if forwarded on 7/1/02, so probably in Septmeber interview can be scheduled.

monk12

They verify the case before replying. You can be sure that they have received it.

Re: Good to start this thread

Originally posted by sm99999
My info.
reviewed done on 7/10. Waiting for NVC to send Mumbai. Not sure about Sept.
PCC - Do we need to get PCC from your local city where u staying in USA? Not heard but thought to mentioned.

Only need PCC from India.

Hey Kashur,

When I got the reply from Mumbai Consulate, they specifically mentioned that all I need is a PCC from nearest Indian Consulate in US.
So I guess no PCC from local city in US either.

monk12

Re: my case

Originally posted by monk12
Hey Guys,

monk12

I had sent an email 2-3 days after my review at that time they replied me that they could not found my case in their computer sytem. So I think once they get electronic notification from NVC, at that time they have some info in their system.

PCC from Indian Consulate only

Even Mumabi had replied me that no local PCC from India is needed and this is clear from the June IV candidATES experiences.

gcOgc how are you planning to postpone your interview

I read your other post that you may postpone interview date to November as you are planning India trip about that time.

What is the process and could it cause any problem? I may consider doing that too.

Thanks,

Re: gcOgc how are you planning to postpone your interview

Originally posted by vijay_atl
I read your other post that you may postpone interview date to November as you are planning India trip about that time.

What is the process and could it cause any problem? I may consider doing that too.

Thanks,

I've read on previous posts here that people have done this by sending the consulate an e-mail and following up with a telephone call. I plan on doing the same. I'll post the content of my e-mail after I send it. I plan on send it either this week or early next week.