• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Life in the US after Greencard!

charleston

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know of a website with forums like this one here about life in the US after greencard. From some of the talks here Im beginning to wonder if US is really as rosy as I/we think....

I have noted that members of this forum go quiet after getting their GC maybe becoz they are busy once landing in US so there is no knowing how easy/hard life is for them there. I mean jobs, blending in teh system etc. Thanks.

JoeF said:
There is a "Life after the GC" forum here...

Oh, and life, regardless of where it is, is never rosy... The problems are just different ones in different countries...

The "Life after the GC" forum i have seen here is talking about issues on keeping your GC safe, re-entry issues with GC, or expiry of GC and such. What im talking about is finding work, settling in, housing etc.

And i do know that ".... regardless of where it is, life is never rosy..." BUT some problems are more than others you must agree..

JoeF said:
Well, most people who get a GC have been here for several years already, so these are not problems for them anymore. You may want to look more into the "Just arrived" forum: http://immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57
Really??!! "most people who get a GC have been here for several ...." I thought this is for people out of US anyway i visited the site and its not very active but thanks for the response.