Li Extension How long

Immigrant

Hi,

I have come from Comp. X from India on L1 Visa. They have sent my paers to Extension, I work in Albany. Can I know which center I belong to and how long it takes to get the papers. My papers were sent in Feb.

Thanks,
Desperate

Li Extension

Hi,

I have come from Comp. X from India on L1 Visa. They have sent my paers to Extension, I work in Albany. Can I know which center I belong to and how long it
    takes to get the papers. My papers were sent in Feb.

Thanks,
    Desperate

L visa extn

L visa extn takes anywhere between 6 weeks and 10, i am a HR manager and do this regularly, so don't worry,

only problem is that yr passport will also be submitted..so u can't travel!

am not sure which service centre

NO U DONT NEED TO SUBMIT THE PASSPORT FOR RENEWAL

This is definitely not true, this is a bogus. L1A or L1B renewal does not need a passport to be submitted. L1- approvals are given based on the company's need & not individuals needs. Dont ever give your passports to anyone, especially to these Indian companies HR guys. They will take you for a big ride.... Dont do it, & moreover, it is illegal for any organization to ask for the passport & keep it with them too.

Once you get an approval, you will recv a notification directly from INS to your house & the originals will be sent to your lawyer. The lawyer will send it to you directly. None in between should recv it. It is an offence.

Understand this, once you get the approval then take that appoval fill up the DS-156 form & along with the prescribed fees of $75 for Visa Validation to St.Louis address. for this you need to send the passport, & also send a return courier self addressed cover too so that they can send it back to you @ your cost. If you dont send a self addressed courrier paid by you, then INS will send it in regular post which could be unsafe.

Take my word for this & this is the process, as I have been doing this every year for my renewals in the past 3 yrs.:eek: