Letter to First Lady Laura Bush does NOT work ! :( GURUS please read

captainv1234

Registered Users (C)
As many of you suggested I also mailed First Lady Laura Bush. And I got a response from her office lightning Fast (in 15 days only). They said they will help. And in about 1.5 months of my letter, I got a letter from FBI which says:

"Your letter dated February XX,2007 directed to Mrs. George W. Bush concerning your name check status for immigration purposes, was forwarded to the Department of Justice and subsequently referred to the FBI for reply.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on January XX, 2005 and is currently in process.

The FBI processes millions of name check requests each year with each requiring thoughtful consideration. We know how important this information is to you; however, the FBI must also balance the need for national security in preparing the response to each of these requests. The FBI's homeland security mission requires that our name check process be primarily focused on an accurate and thorough result. While an exact date for completion of this review cannot be given, you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible.

I trust this information will be of assistance...
"

So everyone: I believe that those people who got the other type of letter which says "we got the letter of the First Lady and finalize your name check on that date" get their name check cleared randomly!!! In other words the clearance of the name check just happen to coincide with the the letter from the first lady :(

Does any one of the gurus have any idea? How can I proceed?

1) I can go to court for WOM but as far as I know USCIS says they do not expedite name check if the only reason is WOM...

2) I can send other letters but who is better than the First Lady anyways ?? :((

I will very much appreciate any comments or suggestions during this depressed moment of mine. :(

Thank you,

I-140 and I-485 Filed at the same time around DECEMBER 2004
I-140 approved FEBRUARY 2005
Name Check Initiated JANUARY 2005
Result: Pending

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have copy of the 485 receipt? I believe USCIS does mention a timeframe (180 days) for processing of AOS applications in the receipts. I think you might have a case for WOM if your receipt indicates that timeframe. I know family-based 485 applicants are aggressively pursuing WOM since their receipts mention the timeframe for processing. So they are using that to fight in court.
I have not received my receipts thus far, and same for some friends of mine. The story there is that the receipts have the timeframe mentioned therefore USCIS is not mailing them out to avoid WOM, instead they make an entry on their status website that they did actually mail them out! Not sure how far that is true.

As many of you suggested I also mailed First Lady Laura Bush. And I got a response from her office lightning Fast (in 15 days only). They said they will help. And in about 1.5 months of my letter, I got a letter from FBI which says:

"Your letter dated February XX,2007 directed to Mrs. George W. Bush concerning your name check status for immigration purposes, was forwarded to the Department of Justice and subsequently referred to the FBI for reply.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on January XX, 2005 and is currently in process.

The FBI processes millions of name check requests each year with each requiring thoughtful consideration. We know how important this information is to you; however, the FBI must also balance the need for national security in preparing the response to each of these requests. The FBI's homeland security mission requires that our name check process be primarily focused on an accurate and thorough result. While an exact date for completion of this review cannot be given, you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible.

"

So everyone: I believe that those people who got the other type of letter which says "we got the letter of the First Lady and finalize your name check on that date" get their name check cleared randomly!!! In other words the clearance of the name check just happen to coincide with the the letter from the first lady :(

1) I can go to court for WOM but as far as I know USCIS says they do not expedite name check if the only reason is WOM...

2) I can send other letters but who is better than the First Lady anyways ?? :((

I will very much appreciate any comments or suggestions during this depressed moment of mine. :(

Thank you,

sory to hear that.

1-well what are ur case details first? Eb-2 Eb-3, country, priority date?

2- what did u write in ur letter to first lady?maybe it is all about the content of the letter.

3- what is the date of ur letter to first lady?

4- what did u attach with ur letter to first lady? did u attach FOIPA , I485 receipt...?

ya u r right maybe the whole thing is random.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sureshj: I have the copies of I-485 receipts and as I wrote in my signature(I just revised it) My lawyer applied I-485 on December 2004... And unfortunately receipts do not mention 180 day rule....

But I have been waiting for 28 months now since I filed I-485:(

I wanna go to court but I am hearing that after the recent memo by USCIS, they do dismiss the motions !

Antonio is Sherlock Holmes !!!!

Antonio is Sherlock Holmes !!!! Full of questions ~!

"

Thank you,

Sureshj: I have the copies of I-485 receipts and as I wrote in my signature(I just revised it) My lawyer applied I-485 on December 2004... And unfortunately receipts do not mention 180 day rule....

But I have been waiting for 28 months now since I filed I-485:(

I wanna go to court but I am hearing that after the recent memo by USCIS, they do dismiss the motions !
Captain,
What you mean by "dismiss the motion"? I have seen the USCIS memo and it says that they will fight the cases in court. I think it is just a facade that they are presenting to discourage applicants from pursuing WOM. I have seen WOM cases being approved in favor of the applicant even after this memo went out.

"

Thank you,

Welcome to my club.....Well, I also got the same letter from Mrs. Laura Bush...I have seen like 10-20% of requests to Mrs. Laura Bush got rejected...I was so disappointed ...when I got this letter....
Well...WOM is the only way...

Welcome to my club.....Well, I also got the same letter from Mrs. Laura Bush...I have seen like 10-20% of requests to Mrs. Laura Bush got rejected...I was so disappointed ...when I got this letter....

when u sent ur letter to mrs bush , did u attach anything to it (like FOIPA,I485..)?

what is ur case details? it makes it easy for us to know ur case.

from what i realised, for people that mrs bush interference didn't help them didn't send FOIPA with their letter to her or any proof that shows that their name is clear. but all people who sent say FOIPA and I485 receipts got their names cleared upon sending letter to Mrs bush.

again, this is my own opinion, i may be wrong.

from what i realised, for people that mrs bush interference didn't help them didn't send FOIPA with their letter to her or any proof that shows that their name is clear. but all people who sent say FOIPA and I485 receipts got their names cleared upon sending letter to Mrs bush.
This is not true. Some names just take longer time to clear.

This is not true. Some names just take longer time to clear.

did u write to first lady? and what was the result? if u did, when u sent your letter to her offfice, did u attach anythig with ur letter?

is ur name or family name that comon?

Captain,
What you mean by "dismiss the motion"? I have seen the USCIS memo and it says that they will fight the cases in court. I think it is just a facade that they are presenting to discourage applicants from pursuing WOM. I have seen WOM cases being approved in favor of the applicant even after this memo went out.

I completely agree with you.
--Naveen Oshos

Banta4gc,

I sent you a private message.... would you respond when you are available?

thank you.

In this thread, I am seeing lot of people are scared about filling WOM because of the USCIS Memo (of not to expedite namecheck)....Come on, a memo - is an internal procedure followed within USCIS...it's not a hard and fast rule / it's just a guide for adjudicators...

In citizenship cases, there is a rule called something 1447(b) or something, which says, all the citizenship cases should be finalized within 6 months of interview date....lot of people started suing USCIS based on this rule...and they still do...( How I wish they had something similar for 485)
Last year, USCIS did the same thing, they passed a memo for citizenship cases, saying nobody should get called for interview unless the namecheck has cleared, so thet people cannot use this rule for lawsuits...

But, one can go check the forums...lot of people still use this rule to get their citizenship cases approved!
Even for 485, I saw last month, 3-4 guys getting approved based on WOM...

Come on, WOM still works!

banta you are correct. Actually even till last week those who filed WOM in Feb have got approva. WOM is a federal law while this is a crap internal memo.
--Naveen Oshos
In this thread, I am seeing lot of people are scared about filling WOM because of the USCIS Memo (of not to expedite namecheck)....Come on, a memo - is an internal procedure followed within USCIS...it's not a hard and fast rule / it's just a guide for adjudicators...

In citizenship cases, there is a rule called something 1447(b) or something, which says, all the citizenship cases should be finalized within 6 months of interview date....lot of people started suing USCIS based on this rule...and they still do...( How I wish they had something similar for 485)
Last year, USCIS did the same thing, they passed a memo for citizenship cases, saying nobody should get called for interview unless the namecheck has cleared, so thet people cannot use this rule for lawsuits...

But, one can go check the forums...lot of people still use this rule to get their citizenship cases approved!
Even for 485, I saw last month, 3-4 guys getting approved based on WOM...

Come on, WOM still works!

banta you are correct. Actually even till last week those who filed WOM in Feb have got approva. WOM is a federal law while this is a crap internal memo.
--Naveen Oshos

Banta/Naveen,
You're both correct. The USCIS or any other governmental agency cannot prohibit anyone from filing suit against them in court.
What the Feb 20 memo alludes to is simply that the the general policy will be no automatic expedites with WOM filings. From what I know in speaking with a couple of attorneys, is that each WOM filing shall be handled on a case-by-case basis. In other words, the outcome of each suit will depend on the circumstances of the case, on the attorney (if not pro se), on the judge, and so on. What this translates to for an applicant is that the WOM process is likely to take longer, involve much more paperwork and thereby cost more. In the likelihood that the US Attorney involved files a motion to dismiss the case, the applicant at that time would be best served by getting an attorney if you've gone the pro se route initially. Of course, that means spending some green to get the green. Finally, the case outcome shall all depend on the judge. If the judge orders the USCIS/FBI to expedite your name check, they will since they have to comply with a court ruling.

"

Thank you,

Captain,
Very sorry to hear about this. You've certainly waited long enough. From what I've been seeing is that more often than not, a letter dispatched from the First Lady's office to the DoJ and consequently to the FBI does yield results in terms of a positive outcome. There have only been a few times wherein I've seen that the addressee recevied this response from the FBI. If memory serves me correct, the person who did get this letter, did however get his name check cleared within a couple of months after having been told that their name check was still pending, so don't loose hope.
Since you've exhausted all other remedies, it would behoove you to gather all your case details and speak to an attorney regarding WOM....my suggestion...you've waited this long, hang in there for another couple of months before you initiate a suit...regardless of whether via a lawyer or pro se. On the plus side...at least now the FBI name check division knows that you're alive and have a pulse and the fact of the matter is that they've researched your case to have sent you their letter...so you never know.

Captain,
Very sorry to hear about this. You've certainly waited long enough. From what I've been seeing is that more often than not, a letter dispatched from the First Lady's office to the DoJ and consequently to the FBI does yield results in terms of a positive outcome. There have only been a few times wherein I've seen that the addressee recevied this response from the FBI. If memory serves me correct, the person who did get this letter, did however get his name check cleared within a couple of months after having been told that their name check was still pending, so don't loose hope.
Since you've exhausted all other remedies, it would behoove you to gather all your case details and speak to an attorney regarding WOM....my suggestion...you've waited this long, hang in there for another couple of months before you initiate a suit...regardless of whether via a lawyer or pro se. On the plus side...at least now the FBI name check division knows that you're alive and have a pulse and the fact of the matter is that they've researched your case to have sent you their letter...so you never know.

ks_cc: Thank you for your post, I sent you a private message... Would you please look into it?