Letter to Director

frustrated_alot

Registered Users (C)
My name is Althea ##### and I am writing under the firm belief that my case as been treated unfairly. I have been a law abiding resident of this country for over 14 years. My taxes are paid and my daughter was born an American citizen. I filed application ####### with a priority date of March 11th, 2005. I have waited patiently month after month only to be told that I am pending the background check. I have called numerous times only to be treated rudely on the phone by officers who did not want to answer my questions. I have had infopass appointments that have taken me no place after traveling two hours. No one is listening and I have frankly come to the end of my rope. While I understand that background checks have to be done, it is an unfair process when someone that has filed a year after me goes through the process within 5 months. I have no criminal history, my taxes are paid, I deserve to be treated with respect. As I am writing this letter, I am gathering information on the Mandamus Act and I know that It gives me the right to have adjudication on my case within 120 days. Mr. Cartererisano, I have written my Congressman, Senator and I am preparing to take my case to court. Please investigate my case. I am not asking to be given special treatment only that I be given the respect I need. Please review my case and resolve it. In this letter I am including conversations I have had with immigration officers since calling the immigration line give me conflicting reports everytime.

ACTION DOCUMENTATION

March 27, 2007(11:54AM)-Called and spoke to Jonathan ID # G2054 and was transferred to Immigration Officer Dudley. She informed me that my case was still with the adjudication officer and she would not give me the name of the officer. She instructed me that maybe I should write to that office.

March 27, 2007(11:20AM)- Called Congressman Wynn’s Office and spoke to Alya Mbomba and she informed me that she would write to Immigration on my behalf and it usually takes about a month for them to respond to her letter.

March 28th, 2007 (10:53AM)-I Called immigration again, still unwilling to just give up. Well, I was transferred by Nicki ID # LM461 to Officer Maxine and her Supervisor’s name is Chacoya. She told me that the only thing that they are waiting for is a Name Check from the FBI. She said everything else is taken care of , every other aspect of the background check is completed, all we are waiting for is the name check.

March 28th, 2007 (11:10AM)- Called Congressman Wynn’s Office and spoke to Alya Mbomba again and relayed what was told to me by Officer. I was told that they would probably give her the same information.
I looked up information on the Senator’s Office. Decided I need to write Senator’s Office as well.

April 2nd, 2007 (8:30 AM) Had an Infopasss Appointment: I was told that my background check is still pending.

April 3, 2007 (11:07AM) David # 247LM transferred to Officer Cunningham:
Receipt March 11th, 2005.
Finger Print Date April May 4th, 2005 and Test
Interview was July 25th, 2005
Person to write to at Baltimore Office:
Richard Caterisano