Letter from USCIS (I-485)

doyogene

Registered Users (C)
Below is my applications
I-140 : RD (3/3/6), AD (3/30/6), LUD (7/22/6)
I-485 : RD (3/3/6), LUD entire family (10/2/6 &
10/3/6, 12/29/06)
Bio: 12/1/6

After my attorney requested my I-485 case on November 06, I got a letter from USCIS that my case has been delayed because the background remains open.

However, I got a letter from USCIS today after I requested my I-485 case again. It says "Your application is awaiting assignment to an Officer. You will be notified when a decision has been made or if additional information is needed"

Does it mean that my background check has been completed?

I think, your background checks are complete. I also received a letter two weeks back from USCIS that "the investigation into the backgroudn checks remain open". This was after we heard from FBI that my Name check was complete.

Did you do inquiry by yourself this time OR oyur attorney made an inquiry?

Re:

The first inquiry was done by my attorney (Nov 06) and the second one was done by myself (this month). You said that you heard from FBI that your background check was complete. However, the letter came 2 weeks ago said it is still open. If you believe FBI was right, then USCIS might be wrong. I am afraid that my today's letter from USCIS might be wrong...

Thanks

hi,
I am stuck in the name check since december 2004. How can I check with the FBI whether my name chesk is cleared or not.

thanks.

luckyone2000 said:
I think, your background checks are complete. I also received a letter two weeks back from USCIS that "the investigation into the backgroudn checks remain open". This was after we heard from FBI that my Name check was complete.

I sent u a private message. I will appreciate ur response. thks

I don't mean to cause any disapointment. But I received an email from USCIS stating the same thing " Your application is awaiting review by an immigration officer " back in October 2006. I have since then found out that I am still stuck in FBI name check. I also know of someone else who received the same letter in August 2006 and his FBI name check is still pending. I think this is a standard letter USCIS issues.

luckyone2000 said:

replied back.

doyogene said:
Below is my applications
I-140 : RD (3/3/6), AD (3/30/6), LUD (7/22/6)
I-485 : RD (3/3/6), LUD entire family (10/2/6 &
10/3/6, 12/29/06)
Bio: 12/1/6

After my attorney requested my I-485 case on November 06, I got a letter from USCIS that my case has been delayed because the background remains open.

However, I got a letter from USCIS today after I requested my I-485 case again. It says "Your application is awaiting assignment to an Officer. You will be notified when a decision has been made or if additional information is needed"

Does it mean that my background check has been completed?

I had my lawyer contact USCIS to query my status on Dec 5, 2006. Total I got a reply letter from USCIS. The answer is somehow surprised to me. They told me “ our review indicates that this is actually within our processing time. They regret any misunderstanding. “ My 485 RD is May 2, 2006. According to the processing time published by UICIS on Dec 5, 2006, the processing time for 485 is June 1, 2006. I am just 30 days outside the processing date. Actually, the letter was wrote on Jan 10, 2007, the 485 processing date was already moved forward to Jun 15, 2006 per the processing date released on Dec. 18, 2006. The latest TSC processing date was already July 17, 2006.

I didn’t know if the letter gave a good indication because they never mentioned security check issue? I had infopass on Dec 12, 2006 also. The local immigration official told me I am still stucking in name check.

Let's hope best!