Letter from Oakland ASC about fingerprint

moooo

Registered Users (C)
I did my fingerprinting on June 15th, 2004 and I called the FBI a week later and they said they processed it the same day and sent it to the INS. Then for some reason I got a letter from the Oakland ASC(where I did my fingerprinting) this weekend saying that they're sorry but the fingerprints are not acceptable and please go and redo it in mid-July??? I'm so confused. What could be wrong? It is not a formal fingerprint notice because it's just a letter. Has anyone else encountered this?

I saw a post here where the guy had to go again because the FPs were smudged or not readable by FBI computers/scanners for some reason. I bet there's nothing wrong with your FPs.

moooo said:
I did my fingerprinting on June 15th, 2004 and I called the FBI a week later and they said they processed it the same day and sent it to the INS. Then for some reason I got a letter from the Oakland ASC(where I did my fingerprinting) this weekend saying that they're sorry but the fingerprints are not acceptable and please go and redo it in mid-July??? I'm so confused. What could be wrong? It is not a formal fingerprint notice because it's just a letter. Has anyone else encountered this?

The folks at SF ASC told me that sometimes the prints are blurry, or there are other 'quality' issues. If the FBI can't use them to scan the database, then you need to redo them until the quality is acceptable.

Thank you for your replies. Now i think about it, the lady who did my fingerprints was a little confused. She didn't know which fingers to do first and such. Maybe she did my index finger twice or something. *sigh*

moooo said:
Thank you for your replies. Now i think about it, the lady who did my fingerprints was a little confused. She didn't know which fingers to do first and such. Maybe she did my index finger twice or something. *sigh*

At SF ASC, they do something else now that they didn't do with my FP1. The bottom of the worksheet has a 'quality assurance' space for signature. When she did my FP2s, another officer had to come over and check her work and the print quality and sign the 'QA' space. That step was missing from the FP process 2 years ago. Wonder is all ASCs do this now?

Guys, a question here. If CSC has a message like this: "On xxx, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."
Does this mean the security check has already been done? thanks for comments

luckstar said:
Does this mean the security check has already been done? thanks for comments

AFAIK, there are three security checks... FPs with the FBI, then scans in the IBIS and NAILS databases to check your name against watch lists. They obviously happen in some sort of order, but who knows what order.