Letter from FBI: name check in process

james_gmail

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Got a letter from FBI. Saying they got the letter forwarded by first laday.

Says the name check is in process and they will forward the results to ins as quickly as possible. it is more than 2.5 years already.

Frustrated. Does "in process" mean "pending". ie. they are not working on it yet

BTW, I got a real signature on the letter (some signed on behalf of the section head).

Does everybody get real signature when they got letter regarding name check from FBI? I just got standard letter for my last several inquiry through congressman

I got the similar letter from FBI, real signature behalf of Cheif, on 9/1. I just called NSC and talk to IO they said my security check is still pending.

hope they can complete my case. don't understand what is the complexity. let us keep each other upated

did they explain the difference between FOIA and Name check in the letter?

They spent time explainning irrelevant thing in the letter

Hi, Got a letter from FBI. Saying they got the letter forwarded by first laday.

Says the name check is in process and they will forward the results to ins as quickly as possible. it is more than 2.5 years already.

Frustrated. Does "in process" mean "pending". ie. they are not working on it yet

Hi,

I got the letter from FBI forwarded by my local congressman, in my case its stated that it was finalized on July 15, 2007 and the results forwarded to USCIS, HQ in Washington DC.It took exactly 2 years and 3 months for my Name Check to get cleared

I think in your case its still not cleared.Good Luck

regards

kris

re:

hey guys, mines been pending since 1/2005, but i got an rfe from NSC and replied it. getting the rfe raised my hopes, but i dont have a confirmed update on whether my namecheck is cleared...how do i write to fbi to see if its cleared?

I got the same letter that processing is not complete...there are millions of cases pending we will notify USCIS as soon compelete . NO timeframe.

Mine initiated on April 2005

FBI reply

I got the letter from FBI stating that my check was finalised and forwarded to USCIS on Sepr.19th. This letter had a signature and an e-mal to contact.
:rolleyes:

I got the letter from FBI stating that my check was finalised and forwarded to USCIS on Sepr.19th. This letter had a signature and an e-mal to contact.

I exactly got the same reply from FBI, congratulations atleast we have crossed an important hurdle.

regards

kris

I exactly got the same reply from FBI, congratulations atleast we have crossed an important hurdle.

regards

kris
Hi Kris - what triggers FBI to respond you. My name check is pending too. How can I have FBI respond me as they have done for many others ?

FBI E-mail

Hi Dull in Dallas,
Could you please let me know the e-mail address of FBI that was in your letter? Mine is pending more than 2 years, Contacted everyone that I could think of ,,...no reply.

Hi Kris - what triggers FBI to respond you. My name check is pending too. How can I have FBI respond me as they have done for many others ?

Hi ,

I contacted my local congressman who was good enough to contact FBI regarding my name check status , once his office received reply back from FBI, he forwarded the letter signed by the section chief of National Name Check Program , the letter gave the date on which FBI received the request and the date on which FBI finalized the result and sent back to USCIS HQ.

HTH

kris

Hi,
I was wondering if the NC is the lengthy process or the background check. Whats the time frame for each.
Also if there is an RFE on the 485 again and again:confused: , is it that the NC and BC check is cleared for them to invest time on the other issues of the 485 like Birth certificates and employment records

FBI Email address

FBI <fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov>

Please send an email to the above email address

Scenario
I took the address from my lawyer and sent an email on Sep 7th 2007 9.14.AM. And got cleared on same day. I made an appointment on Sep 18th to check with my case and they clearly mentioned that my name check cleared on Sep7th. I talk to IO at 1800 and got the message saying name check was not cleared. Today i made another info pass appointment to check for the same, another officer confirmed the same. I even ask for proof and they gave me on print out where my hand written information about my name,adress and alien number. Later Officer circled his name and written FBI name check was cleared. As per law they can not specify the date when it was cleared. But i have the confirmation verbal. Also IO officer said that he would send an email for the same to the NSC to expedite the process. But it's upto NSC officers to make a decision.
I had another service request open already and contacted my local senator for the same. I have to wait for one more week to get the response from Senator.

EB2
PD Sep 2001
RD Sep 2005

Still Waiting

Name Check

HariKrishna: Could you share the contents of the email you sent to FBI. Did you include all your case details? Can you post a copy of your email on the forum. My case has been pending for NC since Apr 07. Do you think I should wait for more time or start being proactive and also send an email to FBI.

thanks
am_var

Thanks Harikrishna...I sent 2 e-mails (1 sent in June) to this addresses (fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov) but no reply/luck yet. I thought "Dull in Dallas" may have another contact e-mail address of FBI.

oh,guys,how iam sorry that so many people waiting for this fbi name check including me,i also VERY FRUSTRATED AND DEPRESSED about this waiting 2 years and i heard some people waiting 3 years and more!!it's unbelievable
I'm wondering if i write a letter to fbi about my case -will they reply??

Usually FBI will not reply. Through the email you can plead them. I just got lucky some real good guy pickedup. But no replies from FBI. But you can keep sending them every week. There will be no harm.

As well you can contact the senator to contact the FBI or First Lady.

This is what i sent to FBI tho

Officer,

I have my "APPLICATION TO ADJUST TO PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS" (I485) pending with the USCIS since September 2005. I was informed by a USCIS officer today during my INFOPASS appointment that my case was submitted to the FBI and is awaiting results of Name check from the FBI. The officer advised me to email at this address and request to have my name check procedure expedited if possible.

It has been over two years since my petition was filed and I was wondering if your office could please review my case and expedite the process if possible. My wife's petition which is dependent on my petition is also pending. Details of our petition are as follows

My petition
First Name:
Middle Name:
Last Name:
Date of Birth:
Receipt Number:
Alien Number:
Case type: I485
Received Date:
Email address:
Phone number:

As well if dependant case details, if any