Lets take advantage of Election 2004 to speed up CSC

XalanAPI

Registered Users (C)
Election 2004 is there,
Both the political parties started working on collecting funds for election, Republicans are in power,

California is Democratic state, and california is most effected with this budget cuts in all fields(i.e last year there was free bus service to students who stays far from school, next year its no more, reason budget cut...), and I think CSC is processing slow due to orders from top authorities...

May be we can take advantage of this election fund raising campain, everbody try to contact Republicans and tell them that we the software community in california can raise good money for republican election campaign, but they have to help us to speed up CSC, May be people like rajiv can contact Republican in DC to convey them our message. and if things works out well we can raise money for them.

Politics is same aroung globe (Dirty)

What do you guys think ?

:cool:

Who will bell the cat? And how? Sounds a good idea on paper, but today if I had to follow that yellow brick road, I don't know how to walk it.

even if u give the money this wo't affect INS . Doubt they hv any control over that . Moreever technally non GC holders cannot get or should not get involved in election process. I wo't give them a dime ,do't trust any politician in this world they will eat ur money and rest while we will be here curseing INS.

I read somewhere that only permanent residents and citizens can contribute towards elections, ...

Originally posted by Silly Man
I read somewhere that only permanent residents and citizens can contribute towards elections, ...
And you would have read right. We have no business contributing to anything in America. Its the law.

Silly u are 100% correct.

Only permanent residents and citizens are eligible to donate election funds.

and

This is not the country where politicians work for money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by wowgc

Give us green card and we will donate!

:D

Politicians are politicians - every where. Ever heard of the phrase "Industry Lobby"? Politicians have their own channels of taking money from companies and writing laws that favor the companies business practices. The defense lobby is one of the most powerful lobbies in this country.

So, politicians work for money and its big money, and its legal.

and

donation

If H1B holders can not donate to election fund, why tax software such as TurboTax or IRS tax forms ask for donation (if u r willing) for President election??