lets start a thread about RFE waiting times

very hopeful

Registered Users (C)
with all these RFEs being issued what is the experience and waiting times between the resubmission of the evidence and the i485 approval? Does everyone get the same 180 days message - what is the real wait time from peoples experiences - please share

No Title

My RFE was received at the VSC on 6/30/00. Waiting for approval. I\'ve seen cases getting approved within 6-7 days of RFE receipt. Will post here when mine gets approved. My details:
PD 10/98
ND 11/4/98
FP 5/99
RFE 6/17/00

No Title

VSC sent RFE for me and my wife on 6/23, received it on 6/26, sent it back on 6/29, received at VSC on 6/30 (found our through Fedex tracker - automated message did not change to RFE received), automated message changed on 7/10 to approved. Now am waiting for the Approval Notice.

RFE (for me): Updated biographic info and employment letter.
RFE (Spouse): Updated biographic info and Affidavit of Support.

Our RD/ND is 12/98. Hope this info helps.

No Title

Asla: They asked for a current employment letter. That\'s all. Wonder why its taking so long for approval.

No Title

RFE was issued on 5th July. My lawyer sucks!!! He says that he didn\'t receive it. I am just waiting..... EB2/INDIA ND 3/25/99

CrazyBoy

No Title

VSC recd our RFE response (phone message changed) six days after we sent it (6/19), and eight days later (6/27), they approved our case. Details: ND: 10/29/98.

All the best!

No Title

Very similar to your case
ND 12/98 ND
FP 5/99
RFE (for a current employment letter ) reached INS Jun 30 2000
Message changed on Jul 3 2000
No change in status yet.

No Title

Lawyer says he hasn\'t received my RFE. INS issued RFE on 5th July. Is this Normal?

Please share your experiences.

CrazyBoy

No Title

ND 03/16/99
RFE recd 07/03/00
RFE responded 07/11/00
Message changed 07/12/00
Waiting for approval ......

No Title

My RFE message says "if you do not receive the notice after 14 days,
you can call an IIO to discuss." I guess you can directly call an IIO
 and try to figure out what is going on.

# waiting for the RFE (message said "sent on 7/14")

No Title

It is Request For Evidence. It could be Letter of employment, W2, Tax return, Biographic form( I think it\'s G325) , etc.... In my RFE, they asked for Letter of employment, 1999 Tax return, Biographic form, 1999 W2, and a proof that My wife and son will not be a public charge.
Cheers

No Title

Crazyboy, Have you received the rfe letter?
I am also waiting for the letter.
nd 1/99 eb2 rfe msg changed 6/22
requested a new one
msg changed on 7/11
Waiting to receive it.
Thanks

No Title

Atlast My lawyer did say that he received it yesterday. RFE for
Employment Letter
copies of
1999 Fed Tax Returns
W2
3 most recent paystubs
Boigrophic Info(G325A)

Hope this helps.

PS: My lawyer Sucks!!!

No Title

Thanks Asla, what\'s your PD? Mine is 10/15/96 EB2 RD 4/12/99 ND 5/17/99. The RFE request may depend on how far back your PD is. Right?If it is recent, they only need employment letter.