Let's gather the possible reasons for denying I485 application?

erto

Registered Users (C)
Currently, I am preparing the AOS (I485) application. Could anyone provide the possible reasons which USCIS could use to deny AOS application? I know several of them listed below, please add what you know so that we can avoid the situations!!! Thanks in advance.

1. out of legal staus during staying at US
2. Crimial Issues (such as arrested)
3. miss the finger print or RFE or interview appointment.
4. lie or provide the fake application materials.

two things matter most (which you have already covered)

1. Criminal record
2. Health (any bad disease) ( i am assuming this since they ask for medical)
3. of course fraud (fake info in app)
4. out of status (grey area...you can appeal or use some clauses in immigration law, i am not sure though)

missing deadline....you can appeal for case reopen....which they usually do..

health issues

I am not sure one can be denied on the basis of poor health or communicable disease. Of course, they might ask one to see a civil surgeon and get an all clear certificate.

two things matter most (which you have already covered)

2. Health (any bad disease) ( i am assuming this since they ask for medical)..

Thanks for your reply!! My application for F2 visa was denied by US consulat in my country 7 years ago, they suspected that I have immigration intention. But they approved my F2 visa later on after I tried it again... is this going to affect my 1485 application?? Thanks your advice

When I was in F-1 visa status, I had reinstatement of I-20 two times...will this cause a denial of Green card in interview?

Currently, I am preparing the AOS (I485) application. Could anyone provide the possible reasons which USCIS could use to deny AOS application? I know several of them listed below, please add what you know so that we can avoid the situations!!! Thanks in advance.

1. out of legal staus during staying at US
2. Crimial Issues (such as arrested)
3. miss the finger print or RFE or interview appointment.
4. lie or provide the fake application materials.

I've raised the same question in the past - see http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=218007 and http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1463448, hope you find some useful info there, in addition to the posts above.

What about coming to US with a B1/2 visa and then applying for greencard through USC husband right away?

Have you heard anyone who got rejected because the immigration officer thinks that she/he misused non-immigrant visa to come to the US with the intention to apply for greencard right away?