Let us count no. of FP for ND 2001

SuperStar

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Please post information, if you are ND is >= 01-Jan-2001 and
got FP notice or done FP.

I heard that VSC started processing from Jan 2001 cases also.
Like CSC, VSC also started processing the cases from
both ends. Any thoughts....

Thanks,

No Title

SuperStar,

From whom/where did you hear that VSC started processing from Jan 2001 cases like CSC processes the cases from both ends?? You would definitely be a SuperStar in this chat room for being the bearer of this info.

Cheers

No Title

Shyam
  Superstar is indeed right. I have received the FP notice. My details are PD:08/96(Yes 96), RD:01/26/01, ND:02/07/01.

Cheers !!

No Title

Hello,
My details
PD- Oct 97
RD- Mar 2001
ND- Mar 2001
FP- Mar 25 , 2001 (got notice for 22 Mar 2001)
FP- Mar 28 , 2001 for spouse (got notice for 22 Mar 2001)

thanks
r....

No Title

Ravip,

Yes indeed VSC processing of FP\'s have changed for applicants who filed after OCT\'00. The FP notices are system generated based on notice dates. Currently, VSC is issuing FP\'s for Jan\'01 cases. But this has no relationship with 485 approval though. That still happens by the ND of the application. Currently VSC is processing Dec\'99-Jan\'00 I485 cases. Hence you can do the math now. For the I485 approvals that appear in the board, the pattern is 3-4 weeks after FP, if there is no RFE. So, if your do your FP sometime in May, according to SuperStar, you should have your approval in June timeframe. That would justify SperStar\'s statement. For some reason I fail to believe this. But would love to see me eat my words.

On the contrary, CSC approves I485 petition after 3-4 weeks of FP. Hence they work backwards.

Well having said this, I would definitely be happy if VSC has changed its process.

Cheers.

No Title

shyam,

vsc is still going by ND+FP. so if u did FP and there is still one year to go in ND terms vsc will not approve 485.

what i mean is that Jan01 guys with FP in Mar01, will still wait till all Year 2000 NDs are done.

No Title

Hi Shyam
  I got the FP notice on April 16 and the FP is scheduled for May 29 at Newark, NJ. Regarding processing I still believe they would go by ND. As I have been observing, in past before the backlog started if VSC could determine that a VISA number is available for the applicant they would send the notice for FP to save time later. I dont know if they have reverted back to the old policy. Also another thing could be that they might be expediting old case(my PD is 96 and Heera\'s is 97).

cheers !!

No Title

I think VSC has finished with FP for all the 2000 cases and started FP for 2001 cases. My ND is 10/26/2000 and I have done FP in 1/31/2001. Same way all the guys in 2000 have done with their FP and waiting for approval. Approvals are happening based on ND(When PD is current).

No Title

India EB2 RIR
PD 11/07/1999
RD 02/05/2001
ND 02/12/2001
FP NOTICE RECEIVED 04/15/2001
FP DATES 05/15/2001

My attorney told me, it will take atleast 12 months for the 485 approval, after FP done. That means I am expecting 485 approval sometime in May 2002.

No Title

rapnpop,

Did the INS Automatic Voice Message changed when FP is sent?

Thanks.

- aimm