Let\'s Chat What\'s Happening at NSC This Wk!

RB2000

Registered Users (C)
Hi All, I like to ask everyone to provide your findings/updates on the subject, because it seems no relevant if we keep discussing w/o knowing what\'s happening out there. So, please guys/gals, if anyone has any latest update as of today, pl. post on this discussion about 485\'s processing (delayed/stopped/slowed down/not affected?).

No Title

I posted the info in the other message. I rather believe what the company said. Even the NSC stopped processing I-485 for Indians and Chinese, what can we do? Still have to wait.

From company HR:

It has been brought to my attention that there have been rumors regarding the processing of I-485 applications for adjustment of status. The latest rumor is that INS has stopped processing these applications for employment-based 2nd and 3rd categories for Indians and Chinese.

Upon researching on the INS website (http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/index.htm), the American Immigration Lawyers Association (www.aila.org/) and calling the Nebraska Service Center directly, I received no information to this effect. Please note that adjustment of status applications for other types of nonimmigrants, for instance, asylees, may indeed be on hold at this time. However, nothing indicates that there have been any changes in regards to the applications that affect our group of foreign nationals. I hope this clarifies the issue.

No Title

Thanks AAA485! Your input is very appreciated. Also, I am trying to gather as much info. as possible, because there may be other side of it which we need to know. Other thing is that current economical situation could affect how GC limitations/holdings/delays, etc. and we don\'t know yet.

No Title

Hi everyone,

I talked with Eyleen Schmidt at INS office in Washington, DC at 4:15PM on May 30th. She is Spokes person for INS. I specifically asked that is there any hold at NSC for India & China cases for I-485 approvals. She said NO. As long as Priority date is current for applications, there should be no hold.

I also talked about 2 following things.
1. AC21, including portability of 485
2. Why they\'re not processing extension of H-1 beyond 6 years?

She said INS will come out with field guidence which will address
those issues in next 2 to 3 weeks. (So what\'s New I guess, these 2 to 3 weeks never ends !!!).

I hope that ends these controversy for now atleast.

Join ISN, ask your friends and colleagues to Join ISN as well.

United We Can make a Difference.

Shailesh Gala.
President, ISN.

No Title

skgala,
I want t volunteer for ISN but when I enter my info I get error pages andI do not see any other way to enter any information.
How do I sign up for volunteering

rnemani

No Title

Shailesh,
Glad that there is some positive information so atleaset we shouldn\'t get panic about this \'hold\' issue. But, only questions is that there are hardly handful ( I doubt) approvals since last week as I see from the posted info. So, definitely, there is some delay going on and we are affected one or the other. Hopefully, we get thru this real soon to see more and more approvals beginning tomorrow...I hope!
Because, I am a strong believer of \'HOPE\'!