Legal Status RFE - I20 missing

gcwaiter66

Registered Users (C)
Got RFEs for both me and my wife's 485. its legal status. However, my wife's first I-20 (the one with the red stamp) was lost, and we dont have a copy. she has an extended I-20 from that school, she got that because she couldnt finish with the timeframe of the first one. after she finished, she went to another school, and she has all the I-20s from the second school, the one before SERVIS and the ones after SERVIS.

We are trying to contact the first school to see if they have a copy. But what if they don't? Is there anyway that we can solve this problem?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Don't worried, international center in the school will have it

I'm pretty sure they have a copy of your wife's i20, I have a friend that has the same situation, he got his back in the first school.
Hopefully the school it's not very far away, it's always better to go there and talk to the people than calling them.
Good luck!

I lost my I20 for the record of my first entry to US. I went to Harvard summer school for three months in 2001. Harvard said they won't reissue me because they destroy their database every two years. But now I'm applying for H1b visa, I'm very worried about this. I didn't hand in this record last year when I applied for OPT and it turned out fine. Anyone has any idea?