Legal Issue (NEED HELP)

sai_108

Registered Users (C)
Guys, This is slightly off-topic, but will surely appreciate your help.

This friend of mine is getting threats from some of his relatives that they will inform the Indian US Consulates/INS about the fraud he created in showing negative experiences in his resume for securing a job here in the United States 6 years back. He is a green card holder now. He came in the year 1996 showing about 2 year of fake experience in his resume. His folks back in India have some problems between each other and are threating that they would do this.

Is this a legal issue that needs to be worried about ? Are there any impacts for his residency here if at all something like this happens ? Could you guys share your thoughts or know about something like this that has occured in the past ?

Sounds like your friend commited a serious fraud, not only to the INS but also to the company he worked for back then, which could result in the INS confiscating his greencard.

sai,

Theoretically yes! INS could take the GC back (or even citizenship for that matter)... But, it will not be done before a thorough probe which is strong enough to be proven in a court.

Did your friend submit the same falsified resume to INS while filing for I-140 and I-485? Or, was it only to the company where he was seeking employment? Were these alleged false experience shown to have been from some reputed company where he never even set foot? Or, is it more of a question of saying that he was a project manager when he was just an intern .. or some such.?

Such issues will have to be considered before estimating the danger that he is in.

These days when even a murder during broad daylight becomes difficult to prove, I would think cases such as this will be even harder!

Good luck to your friend.

I did not undersstand the whole point ,

if he got theGC with that Experience then it may be a problem otherwise it is not .