Leaving the US for good

catabatic

Registered Users (C)
My friend has been here (US) since 1985, to the point that he's renewed his homecountry passport a number of times. He's illegal or overstayed. No criminal record. He wants to go back to his homecountry for good and doesn't plan on coming back to US (So 10 yr ban is no problem to him). He doesn't want to go to immigration and file for a voluntary departure. He still has his original passport (stamped with US immigration entry and his I94). His current valid passport is without any entry or exit stamp in it. His concerns are:

1)Would he get hassled at the airport (LAX)? Let's say by the airline counter when he ask for his boarding pass?

2)Would they ask why his passport is 'clean' or without exit or entry stamp? Would it be a bad idea to bring his old original passport and his old I94 (could he be detained doing this)?

3)With his foreign passport does he has to pass thru a US immigration personnel at the airport when leaving US?

4)Would he get detained by the TSA if he has only his 'stampless' passport as his ID?

5)Where does Customs and Border agents come into play when leaving the US for a flight in the airport?

His current passport comes with the 'digital reader' ones. He has never been in any deportation proceedings, although he's currently on petition by his US citizen sister; but he no longer plan to avail this sibling petition. Would this be also a problem at the airport?

Last edited by a moderator: