Leaving from GC sponsored company in less than one month

Mothla

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am applying for naturalization. I have a concern about my working history. Is it possibly being a problem that I left my Greencard sponsored company about one month after receiving Greencard? I do not need to list it in the employment history in N-400 since it requires only the employment history of past 5 years. Does my leaving the company very soon cause denial of my application? If it is so, I have a fair reason which Employment Development Department accepted as leaving the company was not my intention. Shall I get the record of the interview with EDD judge to support my naturalization process safe? Any advice is appreciated.

So far there have been cases of people being hassled in the interview for leaving the employer very soon, but no known instances of anybody being denied for it. So go ahead and apply now, before USCIS decides to get strict about this issue.

Iam also in same boat . I didnot left the company , but they laid off my job , fortunatly without any hassles i got my green card . But I dohave the laid off letter . I dont know is that proble m or not ?

Iam also in same boat . I didnot left the company , but they laid off my job , fortunatly without any hassles i got my green card . But I dohave the laid off letter . I dont know is that proble m or not ?

If you got laid off then you should get a letter (as you should have already). Either way you are fine. I think this period in history will be etched in everyones mind for a long time.

No need to worry. It won't deny your citizenship applications because I don't see any cases where applicants' applications were denied.

You can still apply. Good luck! :)

Hi all,

Thank you for all your comments. My case was not laid off. I quit tecnically although Employment Development Department accepted my case as "not intentionally" and gave me unemployment insurance. I do not have any "laid off" letter, etc. I only may be able to get dome record from EDD, but it is not easy. You have ever heard any case which was denied becuause of leaving sponsored company soon? It is the biggest issue for my application. I appreciate any advice.