leaving child in India...

luckymb

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

One of my relatives has sent her kid (US Citizen) back to India for child care. If anyone has ever done that, could you please let me know what steps needs to be taken while the child is in India. Do they need to register with the US Consulate, Indian government, etc? The plan right now is to leave the kid in India for more than 6 months.

If anyone has ever done that I would appreciate their advice.

Thanks,
Lucky

I have done that before. My daughter stayed in india for 7 months. Just goto the local police station and fill a form. It's a very simple procedure. You may have to give bribe sometimes.

Why they got kid in First Place.

Why Bother having a kid when you have to send him away for Child Care.

This is rediculus :)

Thanks for your quick reply.

Registering in police station is done in addition to registering in the consulate, right? Also, do we get any receipt or something like that for registering in the police station?

Lucky

Dear GC_NC123,

People have different circumstances in which they are forced to do things that are not always pleasant to them. And they do things what they think best suits them and not what the world would consider suits them best.

Lucky

Originally posted by luckymb
Thanks for your quick reply.

Registering in police station is done in addition to registering in the consulate, right? Also, do we get any receipt or something like that for registering in the police station?

Lucky

Please check appropriate source before registering. I don't think it is required to register for anyone under 18 years.

What Circumstances are those?????
Unless Kid is accompanied by mother or dad or both...

Sorry to keep bugging you but I really don't get this..

There is no need to register anywhere else other than police station. Dont bother about consular etc. But even if the baby is 1 month old, you got to register if the baby is going to stay for more than 6 months. This you can do in the sixth month.

GC_NC123,
What will you do if you are on bench for ore than 2 months and if you don't have enough money? This is one sample example why sometimes you send your family to India.

The circumstance is not for you or me to get. it is what the parents of the kid deem necessary to send the kid to India. It is their decision and as long as they are convinced that it is the best thing to do then we are no one to comment on it.

GC_NC123, Its none of your business

if you can help him in any way then fine.. otherwise there may be thousand situations where you can get into something like this...

looks like you are very young and you only have seen green part of life and don't consider anything other than what you have experienced or you think is right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
GC_NC123,
What will you do if you are on bench for ore than 2 months and if you don't have enough money? This is one sample example why sometimes you send your family to India.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thaught they are just sending kid to India and no one is accompaning the Kid..

Its all good..I can understand that..

But Kid alone and away from Parents that does not make any sence..

RDMAR02

Read my response below which I replied to Dsatish..

I think that will validate my question...

I have encountered people who send their kid(s) to India for years because both mom and dad are working. GC_NC123, might be referring to those cases. Why do you have kids if you can't see them daily for a long time?

One of my friend also sent his kid to India when the baby was very young and now he is crying that he is not able to see the kids growth which is once in a lifetime.

Last year when he went to India to see the kid, the kid was not ready to accept him and his wife as dad and mom.

Anyhow it is up to individual.

It's bad plan

Unless you are having financial problems, it is a very idea to keep the children in india just because both the parents are working or just to earn (save) more money. What is life worth for if you don't want to raise your kid ?

Hi all,

I have a kid that has been with me ever since he was born. I also have friends who have sent their kid back to India for a few months. It is for the parents to decide how they want to bring up their kid and not for us to comment on it. If the parents have made a decision and don't regret it, then good for them. If the mother can quit her job and care for her child, then good for her. But not everyone is as lucky as that. Sometimes we have to go to jobs to pay for things and consider it better to leave the child with our mother who cared for us, then in a daycare, then so be it. Everyone's situation is different.

Lucky

If you prefer not to hear others comments don't ask questions in the first place.

BTW, I didn't suggest anything first.

There is a distinction here when you say it is up to the parents to take the decision. The kids cannot take a decision on their own. Why are there organizations that take kids away from their homes when they are abused? Because of the same reason. My question is "when you are planning for kids, you should have thought about all these issues" otherwise don't even go for them.

Originally posted by frantic
-------------------------------------------

>There is a distinction here when you say it is up to the parents >to take the decision. The kids cannot take a decision on their >own.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the kids cannot take their own decision, the parents have to!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Why are there organizations that take kids away from their >homes when they are abused?

Lot of cultures define abuse by what we call disciplining. Why do you want others to define things for you that are ambiguous in nature? Grow up man, take your own decisions. Lot of foster parents accept kids because they get a free check every month!!!! How about that! Imagine your kid in such a foster home. How will s/he be treated? Keeping a kid in India is not abuse, it is good upbringing!

>Because of the same reason. My question is "when you are >planning for kids, you should have thought about all these >issues" otherwise don't even go for them.

I don’t know how many kids you have, but it is impossible to predict the future. What is your “plan” for planning for kids, anyway. A kid is not like a house which has a architecture and a plan; it just happens.