Layoff Question

Red Leader

Registered Users (C)
I am sure this question has been asked before, but I need to ask it again.

My Details first:

PD: 4/96
EB3 (DOL)
ND: 12/8/00
FP: 2/15/01 (scheduled at 3/27/01)

I have just been told that I will more than likely be laid off next Tuesday. I am so close to my 180 days but I am not sure if they will keep me on the books until June 6th or not. What happens at this stage if I do indeed get the boot on Tuesday. Can I find another job and transfer everything or am I totally F&**$%! My EAD is valid from 2/18/01 so at least that is current.

I ahve tried to get through to an IIO but can never get through, and haveing seen so many people recenlty get to completion who did their FP after me is really depressing (though I am very happy for the lucky ones!)

So In short, anyone know what my options are?

No Title

Sounds like you should be approved soon. What\'s your WAC#? Many people have been approved recently.

No Title

red leader, go to www.isn.org, there are lots of discussion on this topic. I would suggest you ask your employer to keep you in the payroll as long as possible. also, you probably will get approved any time now. good luck

No Title

you should be approved soon. I imagine that you should have some vacation time left which the company will keep paying for that duration. Besides, you will probably get some severance package which will pay you for some time. With that, you should be able to get through June even you are not approved.

No Title

Also if you don\'t have vacation or severence time, try to get a leave of absence without pay if you can. This could buy a little more time and the way things are moving, you should have your approval any day!
Hang tough & good luck.

Mick

No Title

Try doing "Search" ( option after Main Index on the top ) with key word Layoff ( Search this location ).
You should get all previous discussions on layoff. If you have already tried this, please ignore.

gc0101

No Title

companies usually hesitate to let people be on leave of absence because it would entail them to other benefits like medical, stock purchase plan among other things.

Plus it would be difficult for the company to terminate you if you come back and say i want to join you later. Technically you could argue I was not laid off, you can\'t fire me either because I have not done anything wrong.

If it is a startup not-well-organized companies they might trust and let you go on vacation/leave of absence etc.

No Title

Can some one help me about changing Employer after 180 days from filing I485 dt. It is legal or after changing employer I have to redo my GC again.

Help will be apriciated

No Title

Can some one help me about changing Employer after 180 days from filing I485 date. It is legal or after changing employer I have to redo my GC again.

Help will be apriciated