layoff after 180 days

Jane Gu

Registered Users (C)
Hi all:

My RD for I485 is aug 15 2001, I am still waiting. But I might be laid off soon. My questions are:
If the company doesn\'t lay me off, can I accept new job?
What will happen if I get laid off, and couldn\'t find new job before I485 get approved? Does INS ask for last pay check before it approves I485?

Please give me your advise. Thank you very much.

After 180 days you can go for a new job whenever you want but the job should be similar to your pres

about your job change then 90% cahnces are that you\'ll get RFE for either emplyment letter or paystub or both. Good luck

No Title

Thank you 485case. But I think this is very unfair. I know there is no fairness in this world. But under same situation, if one person get REF the other doesn\'t. Does that mean that the first one will not get GC because he hasn\'t found new job while the second one can GC? Are we playing lottery or not?

yeah you are correct! sometimes there is fate that counts ..no one can help it.

But one can do its best to make sure things don\'t go wrong. So you can look for a job....you should consider yourself lucky that you are laid off after 180 days.

same boat

Start looking for a job! Have faith, everything will work out fine.
No one here can say his/her job is safe. At least you know in advance that you might be laid off, this makes u to be alert. There are so many people who don\'t know when they are going to be laid off.

On job, what I have noticed is that it is not what you know that matters, it is who you know that matters and how well and how much you can "KISS A**".

Good luck my friend!

Do I have to let the INS know about the job change

If I change the job after 180 days of filing, should I let INS know about the job change?
Is there any hidden rule that the old employer should not do any thing that can affect the continuation of processing? (Like withdrawl of any application I140 or I485 etc)?
What is the procedure after joining the new job? Do I have to file any application?