LayOff , 2 months after filing I-485

Hi,

I got laid Off today, Now what will be my status ??? I filed my I-485 in Dec. My H1 expired in Dec also Got the extension but dont have the papers on my hand. Is my GC is still valid or GONE....If yes Can I join some other company once I get my EAD???? I got my AP and FP notice also......

Please help......

thanx

I think you are fine

As long as the case does not get adjudicated and your employer does not withdraw your I-140 you should be fine. If you have got EAD you can work somewhere. I dont think applying for Employment Insurance is a good idea. Post a question for one JIM M he is an attorney I think.

NO EAD

I spoke to my employer, they said we wan\'t withdraw I-140 , it means my GC will continue.. but how this is going to help me....

Got 485 Receipt/AP and FP...but still to get EAD.

thanx

Don\'t worry, you\'ll be fine

I had a similiar experience. And my I485 got approved recently. The only thing you can do now is to look for another job either using a new H-1 or use your EAD when you get it. But be sure to find a job in the same or similiar category as your old job. After that, you can consult a competent lawyer of what to do. Or you can email me at gc0102@yahoo.com for more help.