lay off just before the interview

ttani

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I was just wondering what can happen if some one gests laid off just before the final interview and still does not have a job? any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks,

ttani

That can be worrisome ..

Why just before interview .. even just before your RFE ..

Anybody has any other idea ??

Find another job FAST! Or work on one of those illegal routes by getting an EVL from some company willing to put you on its payroll for that amount of time and generate paystubs. Don't like to recommend the illegal routes, but losing your job right before interview is a terrible blow and drastic times call for drastic measures.

140_takes_4ever,

Can I say a job is only important by the time RFE or interview? The rest of time is kind of less important even not necessary aprt from econormic reason.

If one can get a job as you suggested, how long one should work for that company before reply RFE or interview? For example 2 pay stubs or three would be enough? EVL should not be a problem for most case. If this can work, most of us do not need to worry until time comes. Are there any case approved without RFE or interview these days? Thanks.

I have a question

What if you are hit by a truck before your interview and you are in hospital for 6 months. Would that effect your GC.

When the shit happens then worry about it....and if you land up in that then there has to be a solutions.....dont take unnecessary tension....get on with your life and think positive......

Originally posted by Tasse
No employment verification letter - no green card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by mygcwaiter100
What if you are hit by a truck before your interview and you are in hospital for 6 months. Would that effect your GC.

You will be definitely laid off and again no job - no green card

gc is right - enough shit to worry about already - don't fret - it might never happen and if it does you'll have enough time to worry about it then

mygcwaiter100 made a very good point. Many of us including myself worry too much and it is useless other than put more pressure on ourself.

Thanks for mygcwaiter100, let's think positively. I believe that everybody can up to this stage is lucky enough.

Originally posted by joey92651
I always wonder how's about after interview / sent ref, then get layoff ? is it still safe ?

When you apply for citizenship, it may be considered as immigration fraud

Originally posted by lisansw
140_takes_4ever,

Can I say a job is only important by the time RFE or interview? The rest of time is kind of less important even not necessary aprt from econormic reason.

If one can get a job as you suggested, how long one should work for that company before reply RFE or interview? For example 2 pay stubs or three would be enough? EVL should not be a problem for most case. If this can work, most of us do not need to worry until time comes. Are there any case approved without RFE or interview these days? Thanks.

They may ask for tax returns/W2s for a couple of years.

Originally posted by lisansw

Technically you don't even need to have a job to get an EB green card. You could be sitting anywhere in the world for all it matters. GC is for prospective employment NOT current. It is just that in current times prospective employment is looked at skeptically if you are not working for the company already. But technically it is possible and if you have a good enough case/lawyer you can easily fight it out!

It is best to always show more than one pay stub, but sometimes that is not possible. If the company is a reputed one and has regularly shown a history of hiring H1's as well as making a profit, there is no reason why a strong EVL won't work. Again it is up to your lawyer and the case officer. But the bottom line remains, GC is for future employment!

Originally posted by mango_pickle
No. Not when you voluntarily leave / get laid off.

If it happens after your received green card, but if it happens before it's fraud.

Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever
Technically you don't even need to have a job to get an EB green card. You could be sitting anywhere in the world for all it matters. GC is for prospective employment NOT current. <...>

Well, if someone came here as H1b, went up to the 485 AOS sitting all the time somewhere in the shades; then, luckily, all of a sudden, started working 4 paystabs ahead of RFE date... still may look like a fraud :(.

BTW, I personally know one such "fraudulent" case, about 2 years old; though, there was more than 4 paystabs :). The result was positive, because of no RFE, no interview, just rubberstamping.

Originally posted by ND022202
all of a sudden, started working 4 paystabs ahead of RFE date... still may look like a fraud :(.
You are right! :) Hence the need for a good lawyer and a good story! :) Not that in anyway am I endorsing fraud or illegal tactics!