Lawyer filed 485 at wrong Service Center

iguanax

I am in a sticky position now. My PD was current in June 07. When my lawyer filed the 485 papers, he sent them to CSC instead of NSC. I came to know about this yesterday only. When I confronted my lawyer to find the reason for sending it to CSC, his answer was that he did not know about the new rule at that time. My papers were filed on 6/15 and I did not get receipt so far. The lawyer has no information about the application status. I talked to a USCIS Customer Service rep about my situation and he told me that CSC will transfer it to NSC, but was not sure if they will accept it or not. Now my concern is that, will my application be rejected? Anyone has similar experience?

what new rule regarding service center are you talking about? My lawyer filed aos around the same time as you and i have not received Receipt num too.

My case was filed in VSC on 15th June 2007 and I have not heard anything, nor have my checks been enchashed. According to my lawyer, your application has to go where the I-140 was approved.

I am still concerned about it as I have not come across a lot of people who have actually filed in Vermont.

My lawyer sent it wrong to CSC which it supposed to go to TSC . I got rejected letter and re-done it over again to TSC. This happened in end of April this year.

My lawyer sent it wrong to CSC which it supposed to go to TSC . I got rejected letter and re-done it over again to TSC. This happened in end of April this year.

ttliang,

A couple of questions:

1) What's the status of your I-140? If approved at which service center was it approved? If pending, which service center is it now in?

2) Were you able to retain your 485 filing date or were you given a new one?

Thanks for replying.

Well, it is his job to make sure everything is clear and that's why you spend thousand of dollars to have his services. You should report this to one of the lawyer association and see if you can get further action on this.

He is a professional and indeed this is a neglect