Lawyer cheated Please help me

GCPain28

Hi Gurus,
I am pretty new to this forum.My lawyer cheated me. I field I-140 and 485 concurrently. There was a RFE on I-140. DHS gave 30 days to respond but lawyer did not respond with in the given time and he told me that he mistakenly did not respond to the RFE. I called him and reminded him 4 times in that 30 day period regarding RFE, it looks he never cared my calls to remind him. He is one of the desi lawyers in the bay area CA. Because of him I lost so much of time and lot of mental tension. I called him for the solution for this and he was kind of rude and he does not answer my phone calls and he says he is busy. He is behaving so unfair. What can do to get through this? Your valuable suggestions are appreciated.

GCPain28 said:
Hi Gurus,
I am pretty new to this forum.My lawyer cheated me. I field I-140 and 485 concurrently. There was a RFE on I-140. DHS gave 30 days to respond but lawyer did not respond with in the given time and he told me that he mistakenly did not respond to the RFE. I called him and reminded him 4 times in that 30 day period regarding RFE, it looks he never cared my calls to remind him. He is one of the desi lawyers in the bay area CA. Because of him I lost so much of time and lot of mental tension. I called him for the solution for this and he was kind of rude and he does not answer my phone calls and he says he is busy. He is behaving so unfair. What can do to get through this? Your valuable suggestions are appreciated.

Hi

I really think you are wasting your time with this attorney ! you need to find another attorney straight away as if you do not repond in a timely mannor your case will be denied

Get new attorney and ask him to write letter of explaination as to delay in replying to referral, it may or may not work.

If you have received a denial letter you can file a motion to re-open or reconsider, either that or file a complete new case!

Lets us know haw you get on

Regards Sue
www.expatsvoice.org

GCPAIN
you need to file a complaint and get this lawyer's license suspended!
It just happened to a lawyer in Miami, Florida. He did not answer a client's RFE on time and client lost case. His license has been suspended for 3 months, he has to pay a fine and do a Professional Ethics course or something like that.
He got punishment your lawyer deserves it too. Not only for mishandling a case but for all the pain and suffering he has caused you.
Find another lawyer to handle your case.

So I think I have to consult a lawyer to send him a notice on this right?. Can you please suggest me what kind of lawyer will handle this type of case. Or do I have to contact DHS to explain situation. It looks to me that my employer and lawyer is playing this game. Your postings are appreciated.