Lawyer charges for 140-RFE reply

rcodavali

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Typically how much would a lawyer charge for the 140-RFE reply?

In my case the RFE was reg. my companys finances, he had to evaluate our companies bank statements/tax returns and other docs and then replied to BCIS appropriately, he charged me $1500/-. This was not even in my GC budget so I think it is a lot of money, is this charge fair?

Currently my Labor is cleared, filed my 140/485/AP on Nov 2003, Received and Replied to my 140-RFE. Is it advisable to change my lawyer at this time?
What paper work/records do I need from him to transfer to the new lawyer I identify?

thanks in advance for your advise and help
-R

you certainly need to change the lawer .. He is sucking your money ..ONce if you pay money for total 140 processing ..Thats it ..After that you dont need to pay money in most of the lawers .But may be very few lawers charge for RFE 's also ..
But not this much .. This is almost filing a new 140
Better change the lawer .. or talk to him directly ..He is playing with you ..
Bloody suckers ...

rcodavali said:
Hi,

Typically how much would a lawyer charge for the 140-RFE reply?

In my case the RFE was reg. my companys finances, he had to evaluate our companies bank statements/tax returns and other docs and then replied to BCIS appropriately, he charged me $1500/-. This was not even in my GC budget so I think it is a lot of money, is this charge fair?

Currently my Labor is cleared, filed my 140/485/AP on Nov 2003, Received and Replied to my 140-RFE. Is it advisable to change my lawyer at this time?
What paper work/records do I need from him to transfer to the new lawyer I identify?

thanks in advance for your advise and help
-R