Lawyer change during 485-RFE process!! please help!!!

simpleguy

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I\'ve received RFE for sponsor emp. letter, tax returns, w-2 and pay stubs. PD:3/99, ND:1/00, changed employer 8/00, FP:3/01, RFE:5/01.
My lawyer doesn\'t want to help me now in replying my rfe and insists that I don\'t have a case for approval. However, I\'ve talked to Attorney Sheela Murthy and Mr. Rajeev Khanna and they both strongly think that I\'ve a case.
Can I change my lawyer at this time? Has anyone done that before at this stage of process? Can I simply get my original 485 RFE from my exising stupid lawyer and file the response through a different lawyer? Whose property is the RFE? Mine or the sponsor employer\'s? Definitely not the lawyer\'s right?

Please help!!!

No Title

I talked to Mr.Khanna about something else and I remember him saying that the 485 is our personal process. the company is responsible only upto I140. i have a company lawyer and he said that if i wish i can hire a lawyer in the middle of my 485. I am not sure about the RFE though. u should have asked Ms Murthy or Mr Khanna this question when u talked to them about ur case. I think u can still contact any lawyer and they should be able to answer this question without charging u anything if u tell them that u r looking for a lawyer to replace urs.
good luck

No Title

Hi, you can hire another lawyer and the new lawyer would know how to get all the papers from your old lawyer, so don\'t worry,
just consult with your new lawyer and clarrify all your doubts. your existing lawyer can not keep your papers if you have paid
all his fee as per the agreement.
good luck

No Title

Hi greenhopeful and simpleguy,
I am exactly in the same situation. I had 1099 under my EADs without knowledge of my employer. Now I have received RFE for tax returns. Since my attorney is part of my employer, I had to show w-2s and 1099s to them and now they know it. They are delaying my RFE reply for some reason. They are not too thrilled about my 1099. I dont have any contract whatsoever about anything with my sponsoring employer. My RFE was issued on 4/9 and yet to be replied. I am just in a big sooooouuuuuuppp. I hope everything works out to my favor. Please post your developments.