Landed Immigrant from India to Canada on a L1 filed for adjustment and reentry to USA

vu2vsx

Greetings,

Iam a landed immigrant of canada and recently came to USA on L visa. Since Iam a citizen of a Common wealth country, I was told at the US embassy, Toronto that Iam visa exempt and asked me to go the border direct and get an I-94.

I got married to my girl friend on the 5th of July in Chicago. She has filed for my adjustment based on her I-485 application. Also, we are going to India next month to host a reception for our families and friends.

My question is, I do not have a visa stamp to enter US from India. Also now that I have been filed for a immigrant visa, will I have any problems getting a L visa stamped on my passport either in Toronto or in India.

Since now that my adjustment has been filed and on the visa application form DS-156 there is question where they ask whether anyone has filed for a immigrant visa on my behalf and the answer to this will be yes.

Will I be rejected based on a prospective immigrant?? If rejected can I still enter US from toronto and continue working??

Can anybody please advice and help me