Laidoff please Help!!!

Helpless485

Registered Users (C)
I am facing a bad situation. PD 10/98 EB3 ND 01/2000. I just found out that I am going to be laid off in two weeks. There is not escape. The company will not provide a leave of absence or keep me on their payroll. I am currently working on my H1 (valid till June 2001) and have an EAD vaild till 04/2002. The job market is tough. I have been looking for 10 days but no luck so far. Will I be able to stay in the country since I have an EAD? If so for how long ? My FP is complete on 3/2001. My PD may become current in June. Does anyone know the likelyhood of RFE? (Never been a company name change or anything) If I am RFE\'d for paystubs and employer letter what do I do?

No Title

Very sorry to know this. Are you laid off permanantly or temporarily. Both cases are treated slightly differently. Please
visit www.shusterman.com or immigration-law.com. You may find some useful info for laid-off green card aspirants.
All that I can say is don\'t panic and all the best in your job trials.

No Title

Best you can do is, try to be employed by any company. And you will be able to use new 180 day rule. But I guess the key is to have a job. All the best.

No Title

Sorry about your situation. You can use EAD to work when you find a new project/job. Remember to stay in the same field
of job and with the same or above the salary mentioned on your labor. You probably can take advantage of the new law (can
change employers after 180 days) or if your employer is willing, the old law where the employer gives an employment
letter saying that he/she will re-hire you after your green card. I dont know what to do if you get RFE for pay stubs and you dont
find a job by then.. If you do find a job by then, then I think it is ok if u submit the new jobs\' paystub (in combination with
the above mentioned employment letter).. heart felt best of luck..

No Title

I am exactly in the same situation, my ND is 02/2000. I have EAD and my 485 is more than 180 day old. I guess we can take advantage of new law. Since I am working for a desi body shopper, he has asked me to go on a personal leave of absence. He is ready to give employement letter if at all RFE comes, but the SOB is not giving me salary. I am also trying for new job, but having problem finding since the slowing economy has screwed the job market. I am already on the Leave for a month, and have not found job. I am not sure if this is ok.