Laid off yesterday

MTom

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 has been pending for more than 180 days. I am the primary applicant. I was notiifed yesterday that I no longer have a job. I am currently 7 months pregnant.

What are my options now? I am unable to take up another job for a few months. What do I do if I get a RFE? Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Any advise/feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

You need a job.

You will have around 3 months to respond to the RFE (if you get one). But your primary responsibility is to get a job. The new job should have the same job description and resposibilities as mentioned in your LC (basically mean a similar job). You need to have a job when your Approval come through.

All the best.

Hope this helps.

Balamani

Disclaimer:
I'm not a lawyer. Pl. consult one.

INS gives u 83 days to responds to rfe but i hv read some posts they migth give u some extra time also depending upon the conditions of persons. In your case they will definately consider. & moths of 485 filing still a way to go do't worry u still have some time and keep looking for a job which u can start after the baby.May be u will get the approval without rfe so best of luck.

Thank you so much for your responses.

So, if I got a job offer - would it be alright if I took it up a few months after my baby's born? Would there be a problem if I'm not working when my approval comes through or when I respond to an RFE?

you should have appointment letter at the time of responding to rfe from new employer stating ur salary and job responsibility some times its good to hv paystubs to prove that u woked for 180 days of filing of 485.