Laid off before the 180 day s

IP008

Registered Users (C)
If someone gets laid off within the 180 day period but after they EAD what happens to them.

1. Can he work in any company and still wait for the green card filed through the previous company to come through.
2. Should he has to file a new green card or new 485 or new labor or new I 140 if he moves to a new company
3. Would extending his stay in the current company by taking some unpaid vacation/sabatical etc would help???
4. After the layoff can the company cancel his I 485 application.

Any help appreciated....

No Title

The answer to your
question #1 is Yes. The company files for your Green card for future employment after green card apporval.
Question #2 is Not necessary. But I saw in a few cases on this board who had to re-do I140. However, if it is needed, hope you can get the I140 re-done from your new employer. Talk to an attorney about this.

which kind of job can he take with EAD but without hurting GC?

which kind of job can he take with EAD but without hurting GC?

Re: Your last question

I think your previous employer can withdraw your I-140 after they lay you off and thus effectively stop your GC process, so you may want to talk with them before leaving to make sure they won\'t do that. That\'s important especially because 180 days haven\'t passed since you filed.

Can I take 2nd w-2 employee job and don\'t let my original company know, just let them keep my statu

Can I take 2nd w-2 employee job and don\'t let my original company know (just let them keep my status without pay)